How to override/update an OAI output stream

Bridger Dyson-Smith

Apr 15, 2015, 2:40:25 PM4/15/15
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I'd like to do some things to the OAI output from the islandora_oai module, but I'm not sure if it's possible. Specifically, I would like to add an element whose value would be based on the 'Force include a link to the object within Islandora' option. In this case, we've opted to name the Field 'identifier' and 'identifier' shows up when the OAI provider is queried.

However, I'm unable to add a transformation that incorporated that included 'identifier', I'm guessing because the 'identifier' element is added to the OAI output after the stylesheet is applied. At least, that's how it seems. Am I missing something here? Is there a way to apply a transform after the 'Force include a link...' option has been checked?

I've tried both options under TRANSFORMATIONS; e.g. 'File to use for transforming mods' and 'File to use for self transforming mods'. Neither has been successful.

Alternately, is there way to modify the PHP to change the order of events? I'm not conversant in PHP, I'm afraid, but I'm willing to take a stab at it if anyone has any suggestions that veer along that route.

Thanks in advance for your time and trouble.
Cheers,
Bridger