New installation of Islandora / Fedora 4

Mark Noble

Apr 15, 2015, 5:24:56 PM4/15/15
to isla...@googlegroups.com
We're preparing to start a new digital repository later this year and want it to run on Islandora with Fedora 4.  I started setting up a local instance to play with and hit a snag that I was hoping to get some help with.

I got Fedora 4 installed and Drupal installed ok.  I added the Islandora Drupal module branched from 7.x-fedora-4.  That install went fine and I was prompted to install tuque as a library.  I tried the 1.x-fedora-4 branch from github and I'm getting an error:
Unable to connect to the repository exception 'Tuque\HttpResponseException' in C:\web\digital_repository\sites\all\libraries\tuque\includes\Curl.php:221

My install of Fedora is on port 8090 to avoid conflicts with some solr instances we have setup.  I did confirm that I can access it at http://localhost:8090/fedora and that the config setting is correct.

Do I need
to install a different branch of tuque to work with Islandora for Fedora 4?

Thanks,

- Mark

Nick Ruest

Apr 16, 2015, 8:45:02 AM4/16/15
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark-

There is no official release of Islandora working with Fedora 4 yet.

That said, there is a project that has been underway since mid-January
to do that work. If you're interested in getting involved, please feel
free to join the Fedora 4 Interest Group[1]. Our next meeting is Friday,
April 24 at 1PM EST.

As for the status of the project, the work is being done in this[2]
repository, and documentation on the project can be found here[3]
(contributing[4]). Project updates can be found here[5][6][7].

As for the Tuque branch you referenced, that should probably be deleted.
It was from very early on in the Fedora 4 project when the API was
changing pretty frequently. I'll put that as an agenda item on today's
committers call.

Hope that help. Let me know if you have any other questions.

cheers!

-nruest

[1] https://github.com/Islandora/Islandora-Fedora4-Interest-Group
[2] https://github.com/Islandora-Labs/islandora
[3] http://islandora-labs.github.io/islandora/
[4] http://islandora-labs.github.io/islandora/contributing/contributing/
[5] http://islandora.ca/content/islandorafedora-4-project-update
[6] http://islandora.ca/content/islandorafedora-4-project-update-ii
[7] http://islandora.ca/content/fedora-4-project-update-iii

On 15-04-15 04:31 PM, Mark Noble wrote:
> We're preparing to start a new digital repository later this year and
> want it to run on Islandora with Fedora 4. I started setting up a local
> instance to play with and hit a snag that I was hoping to get some help
> with.
>
> I got Fedora 4 installed and Drupal installed ok. I added the Islandora
> Drupal module branched from 7.x-fedora-4. That install went fine and I
> was prompted to install tuque as a library. I tried the 1.x-fedora-4
> branch from github and I'm getting an error:
> Unable to connect to the repository /exception
> 'Tuque\HttpResponseException' in
> C:\web\digital_repository\sites\all\libraries\tuque\includes\Curl.php:221
>
> /My install of Fedora is on port 8090 to avoid conflicts with some solr
> instances we have setup. I did confirm that I can access it at
> http://localhost:8090/fedora and that the config setting is correct.
>
> Do I need to install a different branch of tuque to work with Islandora
> for Fedora 4?
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Mark
>
> --
> For more information about using this group, please read our Listserv
> Guidelines: http://islandora.ca/content/welcome-islandora-listserv
> ---

Mark Noble

Apr 17, 2015, 7:38:41 AM4/17/15
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Nick,
I'll join the Fedora 4 Interest Group and join the next meeting.

I'll also look through the other links you sent to try to get caught up before the meeting.

Thanks again,

- Mark