Islandora Scholar Implementations Showcase

Brad Spry

Aug 26, 2015, 5:29:34 PM8/26/15
to islandora
All,

Like most institutions, our Library has formed an IR taskforce to evaluate getting into the IR business.  Of course I can easily provide a plethora of reasons why we should and especially why we should utilize Islandora (I'm unapologetically biased towards Islandora, Islandora Scholar, and our community :-)

What I really need right now is a showcase of Islandora Scholar implementations, especially mature implementations.

Of course there's the most well known and exemplar IslandScholar (UPEI):
http://www.islandscholar.ca

And eScholarship@BC (Boston College):
http://dlib.bc.edu

UPEI also showed a research data-oriented repository at Islandora Conference, which I failed to grasp the URL of, and haven't been able to search and find since...

If you are particularly proud of your public-facing Islandora Scholar implementation, please provide URL(s):

I thank you ahead of time and seek to win this for Islandora and the community.

Most Sincerely,

Brad Spry
Atkins Library
UNC Charlotte

Joan Parker

Aug 27, 2015, 9:31:06 AM8/27/15
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Brad,
I'm pretty partial to this one (thanks Discovery Garden!).

The entity pages are particularly popular as faculty no longer track their publications and theses on their web pages.

Not sure I would necessarily call it mature but its fairly well populated with weekly ingests of new material.

Regards,
Joan Parker
Moss Landing Marine Labs

--
For more information about using this group, please read our Listserv Guidelines: http://islandora.ca/content/welcome-islandora-listserv
---

Emily T.

Aug 27, 2015, 9:48:32 AM8/27/15
to islandora
Hi Brad,

Thank you so much for getting this conversation started! As you are aware, we are in the process of organizing an Islandora Institutional Repository Interest Group, and I hope that one of our initial goals will be collecting a list of IR production sites in Islandora. We are hoping to have our first meeting in September, which you will be hearing more about very soon. In the meantime, let's get the discussions started!

For anyone interested in joining the IR Interest Group, just let me know so that I can add you to our membership list and Google Group for IR-related discussions.

Thanks,

Emily