CLAW Install: Call for Stakeholders

Daniel Lamb

Jun 5, 2017, 12:00:19 PM6/5/17
to isla...@googlegroups.com, island...@googlegroups.com

Community,

Have you ever installed Islandora yourself? Do you think it could be a better experience? Would you like to spare yourself, the community, and all the potential adopters out there the difficulties of installing an entire repository solution from scratch? Then the Islandora Foundation is calling on _you_ to help make that possible.

Now that the core of CLAW is shaping up, we plan on holding a series of sprints to implement and document a modular installation process that will benefit everyone. We know that there is a deep well of knowledge and experience out there in the community, and we're hoping motivated individuals and organizations will step forward and commit to being part of this process. Identifying as a stakeholder will give you influence over the direction that this effort takes if you're willing to put in the time to make it happen.

Work will commence in July, but it will be in a different format than before. Before any programming or documenting gets started, we're asking for stakeholders to be involved in a series of planning meetings to identify the scope of work to do be done for each sprint.

So if you're interested in being involved with the creation of what will be one of the greatest features of CLAW, please respond to this doodle poll for an initial informative meeting about being a stakeholder:  https://doodle.com/poll/5zxn7heimnydyckp. At the meeting, we will be discussing the new sprint format in detail, what it means to be a stakeholder, as well as prior efforts to give people the context they need to decide if they want to be involved. So if you're curious, please feel free to stop by. And if you don't feel like participating in conversation but just want to listen in, that's okay. As always, lurkers are welcome.

~Danny

Daniel Lamb

Jun 5, 2017, 2:01:10 PM6/5/17
to isla...@googlegroups.com, island...@googlegroups.com

Everyone,

There was a snaffu setting up that Doodle poll, and it wouldn't let me fix it without deleting and making a new one.  So here's the new link for the doodle poll: https://doodle.com/poll/x9wn6xpm52h232es

Unfortunately, I have to ask the few who already filled it out to do it again.

~Danny

Daniel Lamb

Jun 12, 2017, 11:00:42 AM6/12/17
to isla...@googlegroups.com, island...@googlegroups.com

All,

The response to the doodle poll has been great.  I've decided to leave it open for another week for folks. So if you haven't filled out the poll and are interested in helping us with the installation process, please do so!

~Danny

Daniel Lamb

Jun 29, 2017, 9:56:21 AM6/29/17
to isla...@googlegroups.com, island...@googlegroups.com

Everyone,

The best time from the doodle poll is Thursday July 6th at 3:00 PM Atlantic / 2:00 PM Eastern / 11:00 AM Pacific.  We will meet on the conference line and in IRC.

I look forward to seeing everyone there.

Details:

Daniel Lamb

Jul 6, 2017, 1:15:55 PM7/6/17
to isla...@googlegroups.com, island...@googlegroups.com

I'll post this in IRC as the meeting begins, but for those who don't like IRC, here's the agenda for today's meeting: https://github.com/Islandora-CLAW/CLAW/wiki/Islandora-Install-Sprint-Intro-Meeting

~Danny

Daniel Lamb

Jul 10, 2017, 3:34:47 PM7/10/17
to isla...@googlegroups.com, island...@googlegroups.com

Everyone,

As a follow up to Thursday's meeting, I have crated a short outline of the goals we discussed and stakeholder requirements.  I'm aware that I tend to be terse when writing, so any feedback is welcome.  When we feel comfortable with this document, we'll blast it out to the wider community and bring it to the attention of the decision makers out there.

Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/a/islandora.ca/document/d/11QGEo920RJjp74raMNrueMS71mDTFF3Gd0Smdp-qkkQ/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks again for the productive meeting on Thursday!

~Danny