Mobile/responsive theme

Mark Jordan

Nov 22, 2014, 5:45:44 PM11/22/14
to isla...@googlegroups.com, island...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Is anyone using a responsive theme for their Islandora sites that works well on mobile devices? I've just tested video, audio, book (IA viewer) and large image (Kakadu viewer) samples from the Sandbox using Chrome on my Android phone and they all work well (the IA Book viewer stacks all the pages and is a bit slow, but it works).

Mark

Mark Jordan
Head of Library Systems
W.A.C. Bennett Library, Simon Fraser University
Burnaby, British Columbia, V5A 1S6, Canada
Voice: 778.782.5753 / Fax: 778.782.3023 / Skype: mark.jordan50
mjo...@sfu.ca

Phil R

Jan 8, 2015, 10:32:26 AM1/8/15
to isla...@googlegroups.com, island...@googlegroups.com
I'm interested to hear if anyone is using a mobile theme as well.

kathry...@gmail.com

Sep 23, 2015, 8:51:39 AM9/23/15
to islandora, island...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I would really like to see any installs of Islandora with responsive themes too, or know about development progress for implementing responsive themes - I saw something about bootstrap in Github?
I'm evaluating Islandora for replacing other digital asset management systems.

Cheers,
Kathryn

Kara Reuter

Sep 23, 2015, 9:17:17 AM9/23/15
to islandora, island...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kathryn,

We've got a responsive theme at worthingtonmemory.org.  But we may not "count" for your purposes, since we're using Islandora Sync.  It allows us to bring all our data into Drupal to take advantage of all its native theming possibilities.  FWIW, we created a custom Zen-based theme using Zen Grids for responsivity.

Kara

Nick Ruest

Sep 23, 2015, 9:23:58 AM9/23/15
to isla...@googlegroups.com, island...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kathryn-

We use the Drupal Bootstrap theme[1] for York University Digital Library[2].

-nruest

[1] https://www.drupal.org/project/bootstrap
[2] http://digital.library.yorku.ca/
> mjo...@sfu.ca <javascript:>
>
> --
> For more information about using this group, please read our Listserv
> Guidelines: http://islandora.ca/content/welcome-islandora-listserv
> ---
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/islandora/78bc1b02-d18d-48fa-8dd3-00466064bc4a%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/islandora/78bc1b02-d18d-48fa-8dd3-00466064bc4a%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Kathryn Tyree

Sep 23, 2015, 4:53:44 PM9/23/15
to isla...@googlegroups.com

Oh, that's nice, thanks Kara! We're open to an alternate drupal solutions :) and thanks nick, too. Super helpful.
Thanks again,
Kathryn

--
For more information about using this group, please read our Listserv Guidelines: http://islandora.ca/content/welcome-islandora-listserv
---

Joanna DiPasquale

Sep 23, 2015, 5:00:58 PM9/23/15
to islandora
Hi Kathryn,

I built a few custom themes based on a responsive Drupal theme, Fusion (https://www.drupal.org/project/fusion), that I really like.  It provides a lot of end-user options that still keep things responsive-ish (most classes adjust very well, though some features are still challenges for me).  I'm still working on bringing it into the completely mobile-friendly realm, but I do like what Fusion provided out of the box.

Hope this helps,
Joanna

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "islandora" group.