MODS datastream update

已查看 64 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Edwin Gamez

未读,
2017年9月7日 11:05:572017/9/7
收件人 islandora
Hi all, I trying to update MODS datastream through a XML file. I'm using the steps: Manage then datastream, replace MODS record, then I upload the file and save it. But the changes are not displayed.

I'm using Solr metadata to object details, when I change the change the metadata display to Dublin Core the changes are displayed. I need to use the solr metadata to display it but the change are not diplayed with this.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Edwin.

dric...@utk.edu

未读,
2017年9月7日 11:18:132017/9/7
收件人 islandora
Did you re-index with Solr or set it to re-index when ingest happens?

Edwin Gamez

未读,
2017年9月7日 11:40:252017/9/7
收件人 islandora
Thank for your response.

I didn't to set automatic reindexing during ingest. I try to index  through http://[mydomain]:8080/fedoragsearch/rest?operation=updateIndex, but doesn't effect.

Jared Whiklo

未读,
2017年9月7日 12:40:092017/9/7
收件人 isla...@googlegroups.com
Edwin, when you say the changes are not displayed. Is the changed MODS
record getting saved to Fedora? Can you see that it actually updated the
MODS datastream content?

Also, when up did a reindex using GSearch did you get any warnings or
errors?

If you check the timestamp field in Solr is it being updated when you
run the GSearch update?

cheers,
jared
> --
> For more information about using this group, please read our Listserv
> Guidelines: http://islandora.ca/content/welcome-islandora-listserv
> ---
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/islandora/86c29eca-ce70-4ad0-b375-63d3a20380ac%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/islandora/86c29eca-ce70-4ad0-b375-63d3a20380ac%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Jared Whiklo
jwh...@gmail.com
You know you're from Winnipeg when...Your grandparents drive at 100 km/h
through four meters of snow during a blizzard, without flinching.

signature.asc

Edwin Gamez

未读,
2017年9月7日 15:25:092017/9/7
收件人 islandora
Hi Jared and thank you.

I can see that it actually update when I try to edit the MODS datastream from the form, the information is the updated in the fields.

I don't get any error when reindex using GSearch. I don't know how can I check the timestamp field in solr, can you tell me how? :)

A new MODS datastream version is generated when I try update  it and this one contain the updated information.

Regards.

Jared Whiklo

未读,
2017年9月7日 15:46:052017/9/7
收件人 isla...@googlegroups.com
Hey Edwin,

In a browser I go to http://<my-server>:8080/solr/select?q=PID:"<the
objects PID>"

This is a raw view of your Solr data.

In mine I have (usually at the bottom) something like

<date name="timestamp">2017-09-06T20:23:45.286Z</date>

This should correspond to the last time Solr updated this record. So a
change to Solr should display a changed time if GSearch is working.

While you are here, you can look at the rest of the data and see if it
appears to have the changes too.

cheers,
jared
> > an email to islandora+...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>
> > <mailto:islandora+...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>>.
> <https://groups.google.com/group/islandora>.
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/islandora/86c29eca-ce70-4ad0-b375-63d3a20380ac%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.
>
> --
> Jared Whiklo
> jwh...@gmail.com <javascript:>
> You know you're from Winnipeg when...Your grandparents drive at 100
> km/h
> through four meters of snow during a blizzard, without flinching.
>
> --
> For more information about using this group, please read our Listserv
> Guidelines: http://islandora.ca/content/welcome-islandora-listserv
> ---
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/islandora/d9308f80-299f-4095-a10c-8fbf884b7d3a%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/islandora/d9308f80-299f-4095-a10c-8fbf884b7d3a%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Jared Whiklo
jwh...@gmail.com
You know you're from Winnipeg when...You know several people who have
hit deer more than once.

signature.asc

Edwin Gamez

未读,
2017年9月7日 17:19:012017/9/7
收件人 islandora
Jared, I only found something like:
<date name="fgs_lastModifiedDate_dt">2017-03-21T22:35:25.837Z</date> no one timestamp, but the date is not the last change and the changes are not displayed, it´s the same information. :/

Edwin Gamez

未读,
2017年9月7日 17:29:142017/9/7
收件人 islandora
I have two versions of MODS datastream, the last created version contain the update information, but the first MODS version is the displayed. Look like Solr isn't indexing.

Jared Whiklo

未读,
2017年9月7日 17:31:552017/9/7
收件人 isla...@googlegroups.com
I'd agree, so now you need to figure out why.

I'm assuming this is happening with other objects too?

cheers,
jared
> --
> For more information about using this group, please read our Listserv
> Guidelines: http://islandora.ca/content/welcome-islandora-listserv
> ---
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/islandora/2a48fa83-9595-4274-bb4e-c5e3955a556d%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/islandora/2a48fa83-9595-4274-bb4e-c5e3955a556d%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Jared Whiklo
jwh...@gmail.com
At least I have a positive attitude about my destructive habits.

signature.asc
回复全部
回复作者
转发