Islandora Metadata IG - July Meeting Cancelled: Call for August Volunteers

Amanda Lehman

Jun 29, 2016, 2:09:49 PM6/29/16
to islandora
The July 11 Meeting of the Islandora Metadata Interest Group has been cancelled.

Our next meeting will be August 8 1-2pm EST.

We are looking for volunteers, or suggestions for volunteers - any ideas are welcome!

Any agenda items can be sent to Jennifer Eustis or myself, or commented on this message.

Thanks and Happy July to all :)

Amanda Lehman,
Islandora Metadata Interest Group co-convener

Amanda Lehman

Jul 10, 2016, 8:41:01 PM7/10/16
to islandora
Sorry for the late bump, see everyone next month.

Still looking for volunteers to spur our focused discussion of metadata. Questions, brain storm sessions, demonstrations, etc. welcome.

Have a good one!

Amanda

Matthew Miguez

Jul 15, 2016, 10:30:22 AM7/15/16
to islandora
Hi Amanda,

I can speak at the next meeting about the challenges of having an externally Islandora instance, and some of the work-arounds I've developed for working with metadata in batch without having direct access to Fedora.

Would that be a good fit?

-MM

Amanda Lehman

Jul 15, 2016, 3:57:10 PM7/15/16
to islandora
Matthew, that would be awesome!

Thanks so much for volunteering.  I look forward to hearing your work-arounds as I started working with Islandora in a consortial setting without much access, and have since moved to a stand-alone, so hopefully I can sympathize.

Have a great weekend and we'll talk to you on August 8!

Amanda