Replace collection display with VIEWS

Giancarlo Birello

Sep 7, 2017, 4:07:37 PM9/7/17
to islandora
Dear Brad, Diego and all Islandora Views addicted,

after some experience with Views as Navigation bar (here), I completely replaced collection display with Views for this site ASA.

There are simple Views and a couple of very complex Views: nested, using Slider and Accordion, based on URL query parameters, needing CSS styling and more.
As usual you can find all steps and exports at our dev site here.

I'm planning to switch to Views our main site DigiBESS so more Views will be available soon.

Giancarlo

Brad Spry

Sep 8, 2017, 1:06:28 PM9/8/17
to islandora
Hello, my name is Brad and I like Views, a lot.   Something about that visual query builder is very appealing and hard to turn away from :-)

Seriously, great job Giancarlo!   I'll be starring and coming back for this!

I wish I was working on UI, but we're in the midst of a mega OCLC WMS -> Ex Libris migration...   If you don't hear from me for awhile, please send a rescue party :-)

<B