Video Error: "Sorry, no compatible source and playback technology were found"

Scott Ziegler

Jun 6, 2016, 9:12:40 AM6/6/16
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

I recently added 8 videos to my instance of Islandora. Seven of them worked fine, but one shows the error: "Sorry, no compatible source and playback technology were found for this video. Try using another browser like Chrome." Viewing it on the current version of Chrome (51.0.2704.79) doesn't help.

The video in question is this: http://diglib.amphilsoc.org/islandora/object/video:1403. The uploaded file is MP4 (as are the videos that loaded correctly). It plays fine in other software.

I've tried uploading this video multiple times, and I always see the same thing. Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas of what could be going on?

We're running Islandora 7.x.1.3.

Best,
Scott

--------------------
Scott Ziegler, MA, MSLIS, CA
Assistant Head of Technology/Web Development Librarian
American Philosophical Society
105 South 5th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
Telephone: 215.599.4299
Email: szie...@amphilsoc.org

Jared Whiklo

Jun 6, 2016, 11:51:51 AM6/6/16
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Hey Scott,

Looking at your page it appears you might be missing the MP4 derivative?

The source for the viewer shows.

<video id="islandora_videojs_html5_api" class="vjs-tech" preload="auto"
poster="http://diglib.amphilsoc.org/islandora/object/video%3A1403/datastream/TN/view"
data-setup="{}">
<source src="" type="">
</video>

That <source src... should be the path to the MP4 (or if you have
enabled playing the OBJ, then the OBJ) file.

Does that object have an MP4?

cheers,
jared
> <mailto:szie...@amphilsoc.org><mailto:szie...@amphilsoc.org>
>
> --
> For more information about using this group, please read our Listserv
> Guidelines: http://islandora.ca/content/welcome-islandora-listserv
> ---
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/islandora/CABGXDj091mDQR-CeL%3DZB1NgXXFvbL4ZkNTo73F_8%3D8bih1OU6g%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/islandora/CABGXDj091mDQR-CeL%3DZB1NgXXFvbL4ZkNTo73F_8%3D8bih1OU6g%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Jared Whiklo
jwh...@gmail.com
George Washington's brother was the uncle of our country.

signature.asc

Jared Whiklo

Jun 6, 2016, 11:58:38 AM6/6/16
to isla...@googlegroups.com
....and I just realized you said you were running 7.x-1.3.

The issue could be related to the fact that islandora_videojs does not
have a 7.x-1.3 release. So you have mixed versions.

It appears from my cursory look at the files that they should work
together.

So I would start with checking for a MP4 datastream on the object in
question. Also, ensure that it is publicly view-able (ie. no XACML
restrictions on it).

cheers,
jared

On 2016-06-06 8:12 AM, Scott Ziegler wrote:
> <mailto:szie...@amphilsoc.org><mailto:szie...@amphilsoc.org>
>
> --
> For more information about using this group, please read our Listserv
> Guidelines: http://islandora.ca/content/welcome-islandora-listserv
> ---
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/islandora/CABGXDj091mDQR-CeL%3DZB1NgXXFvbL4ZkNTo73F_8%3D8bih1OU6g%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/islandora/CABGXDj091mDQR-CeL%3DZB1NgXXFvbL4ZkNTo73F_8%3D8bih1OU6g%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Jared Whiklo
jwh...@gmail.com
You know you're from Winnipeg when...You measure distance in hours.

signature.asc

Scott Ziegler

Jun 6, 2016, 1:35:33 PM6/6/16
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for getting back to me, Jared.

You are right, we are running a mixed version (something we hope to get straightened out soon).

A staff member over here is telling me they also noticed the OBJ missing, and have tried unsuccessfully to add it. I'll give it a shot.

There are no XACML restrictions, but that's always a good thing to check.

Thanks again.

Best,
Scott