Re: [hydra-tech] Re: [ldcx] IRODS <=> HYDRA

Nick Ruest

Mar 10, 2015, 4:43:16 PM3/10/15
to hydra...@googlegroups.com, fedor...@googlegroups.com, LibDe...@mailman.stanford.edu, isla...@googlegroups.com, island...@googlegroups.com
I *think* some folks in the Islandora community may have done this as
well. I could be totally wrong, but maybe I'm right and they'll chime
in? :-)

-nruest

On 15-03-10 04:40 PM, aj...@virginia.edu wrote:
> In fact I believe that the University of North Carolina (I could be getting the university wrong!) did build a connector for iRODS and Fedora 3. I'm not sure how happy they were with that approach or whether it is still under maintenance.
>
> ---
> A. Soroka
> The University of Virginia Library
>
> On Mar 10, 2015, at 4:31 PM, "Cowles, Esme" <esco...@ucsd.edu> wrote:
>
>> I haven't heard of anybody using Hydra with iRODS. The tools other than Fedora that I've heard about people using or thinking of using with Hydra are the UCSD DAMS, Apache Marmotta, and CDL Merritt.
>>
>> I'm not very familiar with what kinds of APIs iRODS provides, but it might make sense to integrate it with Fedora 4 as a storage layer similar to filesystem federation.
>>
>> -Esme
>>
>>> On 03/10/15, at 4:04 PM, Adam Wead <amste...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Mogens,
>>>
>>> Not that I'm aware of, but I'm copying your inquiry to the hydra-tech and fedora-tech lists.
>>>
>>> …adam

David Wilcox

Mar 10, 2015, 5:54:39 PM3/10/15
to Nick Ruest, isla...@googlegroups.com, fedor...@googlegroups.com, libde...@mailman.stanford.edu, island...@googlegroups.com, hydra...@googlegroups.com
Coincidentally, I just heard about a recent effort to build a ModeShape connector for iRODS (which did indeed come out of UNC!). It looks like they just put out a release candidate [1]. I know they are interested in testing this connector with Fedora 4 specifically (and I plan to follow up with them on this) but anyone who is interested in learning more can likely get in touch with them by responding to that post on the iRODS mailing list.

Regards,

David

--
David Wilcox