Islandora Metadata Analyzer

John

Apr 13, 2016, 11:57:34 AM4/13/16
to islandora
I am just finishing up a new islandora module that allows you to analyze the metadata of all records in a collection to find inconsistencies.  I figured I would mention it now as the basic functionality is there and it may be a useful tool considering the release of couple new modules that allow for metadata editing.  I have some code in the module that does find a replace on MODS or DC streams but this may be redundant with the release of the find an replace module and Marks CRUD module.

https://github.com/jyobb/islandora_metadata_analyzer

John

Jennifer Eustis

Apr 18, 2016, 1:48:03 PM4/18/16
to islandora
John,

I'm co-convener of the Islandora Metadata Interest Group and this tool is of great interest. We have virtual meetings every 2nd Monday of the month where we have volunteers lead a discussion. Would you be willing to lead a discussion on June 13th? The MIG meets virtually from 1-2pm EST. Discussions last anywhere from 20-40 min.

Jennifer

jy

Apr 18, 2016, 4:16:57 PM4/18/16
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Jennifer,

What would the group be looking for?  I am happy to lead a discussion if people are interested and I can provide something valuable.

John

--
For more information about using this group, please read our Listserv Guidelines: http://islandora.ca/content/welcome-islandora-listserv
---

Jennifer Eustis

Apr 19, 2016, 2:24:57 PM4/19/16
to islandora
We'd be looking for why the module was creating, what problems it is meant to solve, and how to use it. Many of those who come to our meeting find it difficult to modify metadata over collections or globally once it's in Islandora. So I'm positive that people would be interested in that.

How about we connect via email? Mine is jennife...@uconn.edu.

Jennifer

jy

Apr 19, 2016, 4:18:07 PM4/19/16