Sandbox Islandora Collections not accessible?

Anna Wal

Jun 12, 2017, 10:46:05 AM6/12/17
to islandora
Hey there,

we are currently experimenting with different repositories to find out which repository might make sense for our archive (in the very traditional sense of the word).

That is why I was playing around with the Islandora sandbox (accessed in a Firefox browser on Windows 7, in case that should make a difference). About two weeks ago the simple actions like uploading a single file worked fine although I was I bit puzzled to find the documents still there when I entered the site a few days later as I thought all the content was cleared daily.

I encountered problems when trying to do a batch ingest of the simplest kind, that is just a few zipped PDF-documents as described here: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/ISLANDORA715/How+to+Batch+Ingest+Files#HowtoBatchIngestFiles-Ingestingzippedcontentfiles. Everything worked fine until the last step when an AJAX error was shown (see below). As far as I can tell it is not complete - and it seems others have encountered a similar problem two years ago:

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en&fromgroups=#!msg/islandora/yiqV2Cb5-4k/LKALmCLUCgAJ;context-place=searchin/islandora/sandbox%7Csort:relevance

I checked the Batch Queue as the error message indicated and found that there was a quite large queue of files marked as "ready for ingest" that seem to have been there for months. I tried deleting a few and I tried to restart the ingest process in the batch queue but nothing seemed to work. So I thought I'd just wait a few days to see if the site was refreshed as maybe the problem might solve itself like that.

So now I tried to access the site again but now it seems I can't even get to the Islandora top collection, since when entering https://sandbox.islandora.ca/islandora/object/islandora or clicking the Islandora-Collection link I get a Page-not-found error.

Now I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong or if there is maybe some problem with the sandbox.
I would appreciate it if someone had a hint...

Many thanks
Annabel

Daniel Lamb

Jun 12, 2017, 10:51:43 AM6/12/17
to isla...@googlegroups.com

Hi Annabel,

Sounds like something is up with the sandbox if it can't find islandora root.  I don't think it's anything you're doing.  We'll have it checked out.

~Danny

--
For more information about using this group, please read our Listserv Guidelines: http://islandora.ca/content/welcome-islandora-listserv
---