foxmlToSolr with Xalan - debugging help

Bridger Dyson-Smith

Aug 27, 2015, 4:07:53 PM8/27/15
to islandora
Hi all,

I was hoping someone could give me some pointers re debugging the foxmlToSolr transform with Xalan. I'm on the command line in the Islandora Vagrant instance.

From vagrant's home, I'm running the following (potentially woefully outdated [1]) command:
java -cp /var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/fedoragsearch/WEB-INF/lib/xalan.jar \
/var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/fedoragsearch/WEB-INF/classes/*: \
/var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/fedoragsearch/WEB-INF/lib/*: \
org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process \
-QC \
-PARAM REPOSITORYNAME 'fedora' \
-PARAM FEDORAUSER 'fedoraAdmin' \
-PARAM FEDORAPASS 'fedoraAdmin' \
-PARAM TRUSTSTOREPATH '/usr/local/fedora/server/truststore' \
-PARAM TRUSTSTOREPASS 'tomcat' \
-in test_1_foxml.xml \
-xsl foxmlToSolr.xslt \
-out test_1_foxml_out.xml > messages.1.txt

This fails with a Error: Could not find or load main class .var.lib.tomcat7.webapps.fedoragsearch.WEB-INF.classes.*: error.

I've tried some switching and swapping, dropping the -cp argument and using -jar instead, but that results in a different set of errors. Is anyone doing this, or is it easier to debug using the Fedora GSearch GUI? If you ever use the command line for debugging this, is the command shown above still valid with newer versions of GSearch, or are the arguments totally different?

Thanks in advance for your time & trouble.
Best,
Bridger

[1] command pulled from an old thread.