Batch ingest issues - no button

Katie Mika

Jul 8, 2016, 12:27:07 PM7/8/16
to islandora
Hi there,

I'm working on setting up a new Islandora instance, and I'm stuck on the Batch Importer module. As far as I can tell I have all of the proper dependencies installed and the settings for the java executable are pointing to the right place (/usr/bin/java), but I can't ever see the button "Batch Import Objects" in the repository. I've searched through the documentation and the group, but I can't find any similar problems. Please help!

Auto Generated Inline Image 1

Jared Whiklo

Jul 8, 2016, 12:36:55 PM7/8/16
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Do you mean the Islandora Batch module[1] or something else?

Also what type of objects are you trying to batch import?

cheers,
jared

[1] https://github.com/Islandora/islandora_batch
> --
> For more information about using this group, please read our Listserv
> Guidelines: http://islandora.ca/content/welcome-islandora-listserv
> ---
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/islandora/eb1332ab-22b0-4177-bf3d-37402271666d%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/islandora/eb1332ab-22b0-4177-bf3d-37402271666d%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Jared Whiklo
jwh...@gmail.com
A conscience is what hurts when all of your other parts feel so good.

signature.asc

Katie Mika

Jul 8, 2016, 1:49:37 PM7/8/16
to islandora
Hi,

Yes I do mean the Islandora Batch module that you linked.

I am hoping to import JPEGs and associated xml metadata files.

Thanks!
Katie

Jared Whiklo

Jul 8, 2016, 4:14:53 PM7/8/16
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I don't think there is a "button" for islandora_batch. All
processing is done via drush command line scripts.

You could look at islandora_importer[1] and it's zip importer.

That might work for you.

cheers,
jared

[1] https://github.com/Islandora/islandora_importer
> > an email to islandora+...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>
> > <mailto:islandora+...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>>.
> <https://groups.google.com/group/islandora>.
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/islandora/eb1332ab-22b0-4177-bf3d-37402271666d%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.
>
> --
> Jared Whiklo
> jwh...@gmail.com <javascript:>
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/islandora/6791b2b7-fc03-4e57-9c89-eb2bfcc7bae3%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/islandora/6791b2b7-fc03-4e57-9c89-eb2bfcc7bae3%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Jared Whiklo
jwh...@gmail.com
Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. It means a strong desire to
live, taking the form of readiness to die. -- G.K. Chesterton

signature.asc

Katie Mika

Jul 8, 2016, 4:43:44 PM7/8/16
to islandora
Thanks Jared,

I have it working with Drush now. I was just expecting something like this I think.

Thanks for the direction, I felt like I was going crazy!

Best,

Katie

Mark Jordan

Jul 8, 2016, 4:44:22 PM7/8/16
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Within each collection's Manage > Collection tab there is a "Batch Import Objects" link which leads you through a few steps where you can import a .zip file full of objects (although this might be what Jared is describing, I'm not totally sure how Batch and Importer are related).

Mark

Diego Pino

Jul 8, 2016, 5:51:53 PM7/8/16
to islandora
Katie, you need to download/enable islandora_importer to have that button in the collection manage interface. Islandora batch is the heavy lifter (provides the basic for a preprocessor, sets, batch, etc) but the UI/forms are provided by islandora_importer. Once enabled, you will be able to use other islandora_importer based modules (zip is the basic one, there are some other around)

Best

Diego

Katie Mika

Jul 8, 2016, 8:03:56 PM7/8/16
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Aha! Thank you!

I got a bit slipped up in the documentation between installing solution packs, additional modules, and their dependencies.

It's great to have a GUI for admin users now.

Thanks Diego,
Katie
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "islandora" group.