[metadata ig] URI Management Working Group Predicate Decision Tree - feedback requested

Hardesty, Juliet Louise

Sep 17, 2016, 11:56:07 AM9/17/16
to hydra-c...@googlegroups.com, Hydra-Tech, isla...@googlegroups.com
Hi! The URI Management Working Group would like to hear feedback from the Hydra community on a proposed review process to find existing RDF predicates and steps to take to put together a request to mint a new predicate. The Predicate Decision Tree offers a guide in the way of steps to follow to investigate predicate options. The end of the document is not quite complete since there is no Hydra Vocabulary Manager tool or service yet to create a new predicate if an appropriate one cannot be found from a published ontology but we do offer recommendations for gathering the information necessary to make the request for a new predicate when such a tool is available.

You should be able to make comments or suggest edits so please let us know what you think! We’d like to gather enough feedback by Hydra Connect to offer this document as a published guide (to be updated with final steps to actually request a new predicate be created when that is possible).

Thank you for your help and please let me know if you have any problems accessing the google doc or adding comments.
Julie

Juliet L. Hardesty
Metadata Analyst/Librarian
Digital Collections Services