Islandora 7.x-1.6 Code Freeze -- 7.x-1.6 module list

Nick Ruest

Sep 1, 2015, 6:59:45 AM9/1/15
to isla...@googlegroups.com, island...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks-

Today marks the code freeze for the Islandora 7.x-1.6 release.

What does that mean?

It means that as of 5PM EST, a release branch (7.x-1.6) will be created
for all of the modules listed below.

It also means that there will be no more work on improvement or feature
tickets for 7.x-1.6. All remaining work will be maintenance -- bug fixes
-- up until the release candidate day; Tuesday, September 15, 2015.

It also means that we move into release branch mode, and that any pull
request will actually require two pull requests. Once for the 7.x branch
(master) and one for the 7.x-1.6 release branch. Information on how to
handle this can be found in the CONTRIBUTING.md[1] file for any 7.x-1.6
release module.

Also, I have an update from yesterday's message about the need for
component managers for a couple of modules. Islandora Image Annotation,
and Islandora Simple Workflow, and Islandora JWPlayer do not have
component managers. As a result they will *not* be apart of the 7.x-1.6
release.

We also need a tester for Islandora XML Sitemap. Please feel free to add
your name to the release team list[2] if you'd like to test this module.
We'll need a volunteer by Tuesday, September 15, 2015.

In addition, we still need a few folks to help out with documentation,
and auditing. Both roles are wonderful way to contribute back to the
community, and your contributions will be greatly appreciated! ...well,
and you get an awesome t-shirt :-)

cheers!

-nruest

[1]