[metadata wg] Metadata Working Group notes 2015-08-26

Karen Estlund

Aug 28, 2015, 1:25:06 PM8/28/15
to hydra-c...@googlegroups.com, hydra...@googlegroups.com, isla...@googlegroups.com
Notes from the Metadata Working Group call 2015-08-26 are available:
Note highlights:
  • Applied Linked Data subgroup hopes to have a release of Linked Data Fragments by HydraConnect
  • Rights Metadata subgroup has finalized the base recommendation https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/hydra/Rights+Metadata+Recommendation. Next steps will be to write up as a Best Practice document
  • Descriptive Metadata subgroup sent out a request to fill out a survey. Please respond to the survey here: http://goo.gl/forms/wggxe2K1Mz
  • MODS to RDF sub-subgroup is next working on name representations
  • Structural Metadata subgroup led by Julie Hardesty will initially concentrate on a recommendation for referring to a segment of a file and begin work at HydraConnect. Look for the call for participation.
Seeking your input!  See the new page to request work by Metadata aficionados: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/hydra/Metadata+WG+Requests+and+Priorities. Please add your requests!

Thanks to Bill McMillin for taking notes!

Best,
Karen Estlund

Andrew Woods

Aug 28, 2015, 1:33:45 PM8/28/15
to Hydra-Tech, Hydra Community, islandora
Hello Karen,
Based on the Rights Metadata recommendation [1], is there an action for updating the actual pcdm/rights vocabulary?

Thanks,
Andrew

Esmé Cowles

Aug 28, 2015, 1:40:07 PM8/28/15
to Hydra-Tech, Hydra Community, islandora
Andrew-

The pcdm/rights vocabulary contains the two new predicates that are recommended in the Rights Metadata recommendation. The other properties are from well-known, existing vocabularies (and are linked to). So I'm not sure what update you mean.

What updates do you think should be made?

-Esme

Andrew Woods

Aug 28, 2015, 1:56:29 PM8/28/15
to Hydra-Tech, Hydra Community, islandora
Thanks, Esmé.
You are correct, I had misread the following two properties to be in the "pcdmrts" namespace.
* premis:hasCopyrightStatus
* premis:hasCopyrightJurisdiction

No action required.
Andrew