migration from islandora 6 to 7 islandora:sp_strict_pdf content model

Kelsey

Sep 22, 2015, 4:00:20 PM9/22/15
to islandora
Hello,
Please forgive me if this has come up somewhere else. We're migrating from 6.13 to 7.15 and it seems like the PDF CM was consolidated because I'm not seeing any mention of the islandora:sp_strict_pdf content model. I did find a thread about an additional PREVIEW datastream necessary for accessing the pdf at the item view, and it seems like the derivatives trigger module can generate those. However, there were no DSIDs available for the islandora:sp_strict_pdf type, which is what prompted this question.

Should we move to a more supported content model? Or, am I just missing something?

Thanks,
Kelsey

Diego Pino

Sep 23, 2015, 10:11:19 AM9/23/15
to islandora
Hi Kelsey, i would personally recommend you to migrate your islandora:sp_strict_pdf type objects to a currently supported cmodel (islandora:sp_pdf). Derivatives can be re-run on existing objects so not having the preview datastream is not a problem, but islandora run's those based on cmodels, and at least i'm not aware of current solution packs that have hooks or any functionality associated to sp_strict_pdf.
Depending on how many objects with that old cmodel do you have, the migration strategy can vary.

Best

Diego

Nick Ruest

Sep 23, 2015, 10:13:52 AM9/23/15
to isla...@googlegroups.com
...following up here. Ryerson University Library has some super helpful
Drush scripts, and this one[1] could probably be quickly adapted to take
care of it.

cheers!

-nruest

[1]
https://github.com/ryersonlibrary/islandora_scripts/blob/master/changeContentModel.php
> --
> For more information about using this group, please read our Listserv
> Guidelines: http://islandora.ca/content/welcome-islandora-listserv
> ---
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/islandora/3ff1c57c-14ed-4377-8e6f-383f5e38d87a%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/islandora/3ff1c57c-14ed-4377-8e6f-383f5e38d87a%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Kelsey

Sep 23, 2015, 10:33:01 AM9/23/15
to islandora
Thank you Diego and Nick - I guess we'll move to the citation CM a little earlier than I planned! Thank you especially for the referral to the drush script.