XML Sitemap problem

Brandon Weigel

Jun 30, 2016, 6:35:24 PM6/30/16
to islandora
Hi all,

I'm running into some weirdness with the Sitemap module, wondering if anyone else has the same problem.

I downloaded the module and configured it, all looks fine, and I have http://arcabc.ca as the default URL. Submitted to Google, verified ownership, all good.

However, I ran into thousands of errors in the crawl. When I look at the Google Search Console, it looks like, for some reason, the base URL is transformed (once it reaches Google) from "http://arcabc.ca" to "http://default".

See attached screenshot.

Any ideas what's happening? Is there something I missed in the configuration, or something wrong with the XML Sitemap Integration module?

Many thanks for any advice..

Brandon
Screen Shot 2016-06-30 at 3.27.53 PM.png

Brandon Weigel

Jun 30, 2016, 6:56:51 PM6/30/16
to islandora
Update: Actually, it looks like I haven't looked closely at my sitemap.xml file -- the "http://default" URL is definitely being added to the sitemap within my site, most likely by the XML Sitemap Integration module...
So is there a configuration setting I missed?

Nelson Hart

Jun 30, 2016, 7:32:20 PM6/30/16
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Could be a missing $base_url var in your settings.php file as noted on here... https://www.drupal.org/node/1462518

--
For more information about using this group, please read our Listserv Guidelines: http://islandora.ca/content/welcome-islandora-listserv
---

Brandon Weigel

Jul 4, 2016, 5:02:48 PM7/4/16
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the tip, Nelson. This looks pretty likely. I see my settings.php file is read-only, and I don’t have permissions to change it (either to chmod or two edit the file in ssh), so my next step is to figure out why and how to get around it..

Brandon Weigel
Coordinator
BC Electronic Library Network
Phone: 778.782.5419
Email: bran...@eln.bc.ca
Web: http://www.eln.bc.ca

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "islandora" group.