CLAW IR MVP: Your feedback is needed!

Bryan Brown

May 26, 2017, 10:47:05 AM5/26/17
to islandora
Hi all,

For a while the IRIG been kicking around the idea of a "CLAW IR MVP", which is a community-sourced list of functional requirements that Islandora Scholar 7.x-1.x users need in order to even consider migrating from 7.x-1.x to CLAW. In a nutshell, the MVP is a list of "have-to-have" features, vs the "nice-to-have" features that would come AFTER the MVP. We worked on this list quite a bit at Islandoracon, and a bit more at the latest IIRIG call. We want to make sure that EVERYONE has the opportunity to add their requirements to the list, so please check out the following link to the Google Doc and make as many comments and suggestions as you like. This can be language tweaks, requests to add more features, or discussion about whether the current features are needed or not. Whatever you have to say about this document, we need to hear it!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pFpL1PK1Tk3FSini2nZeDajw8PyXnh-2xBNOnM6fbvM/edit?usp=sharing

The public feedback window for this until Friday, June 30th, that's over a month from now and gives us time to discuss this at the next IIRIG call (Monday, June 26). Let me know if you have any issues with the link or want to contribute feedback directly instead of publicly.

-Bryan

dp...@metro.org

May 29, 2017, 12:37:29 PM5/29/17
to islandora
Hey Bryan

Very interesting work you (you all that worked during Hack/Dock = plural) have done there, thank you so much for sharing. I can read some common CLAW needs in your doc that for sure apply to a wider community, so double bonus on that and kudos. Also, this sets a very good community precedent on intensive group work around concrete features and use case based needs.

Would encourage people to react and act to this document, I will for sure. Good work

Best

Diego

Audrey Sage Lorberfeld

Jun 14, 2017, 9:54:02 AM6/14/17
to islandora
I couldn't really do much with the content of the MVP, as we do not have an IR, but I added some grammar edits. I hope that helps a little bit! :)

Best,
Audrey

Bryan Brown

Jun 15, 2017, 8:33:06 AM6/15/17
to islandora
Thanks Audrey! All forms of feedback are appreciated!

-Bryan