Replace datastream permission setting not working

Alex Kent

Jun 2, 2017, 3:06:30 PM6/2/17
to islandora

We are running into a strange permissions problem.  We are trying to give a role called “Student” the ability to replace datastreams.  Even after turning this permission on, the “replace” functionality does not get added under operations.

We are on 1.7.  Please see the attached document for screenshots.

Thanks in advance!

Replace datastream permission setting not working.docx

Rosemary Le Faive

Jun 3, 2017, 2:11:16 PM6/3/17
to islandora
Weird, I was able to recreate that on 1.9. When I granted them the permission "View datastream history", the "replace" function appeared. I'll file a ticket on Jira.

Replacing RELS-EXT is going to be disabled by default (see attached screenshot)  but there's an option under Islandora > Configuration > Excluded DSID (tab).
Screen Shot 2017-06-03 at 2.55.20 PM.png

Alex Kent

Jun 5, 2017, 8:11:16 AM6/5/17
to islandora
Ok, thanks Rosie!  This was driving me crazy...

Rosemary Le Faive

Jun 5, 2017, 9:55:35 AM6/5/17
to islandora
I'm not sure if you're on Github (I couldn't find you to tag you), but there's a pull request now.

Alex Kent

Jun 6, 2017, 9:04:27 AM6/6/17
to islandora
Hi Rosie,

I am on GitHub, actually, AlexK (alexkent0).  My profile picture is a coffee mug (because we all need caffeine...)

Also one of the staff at MSU-Mankato was able to implement your suggestion and got the permission working.

dp...@metro.org

Jun 7, 2017, 10:48:38 AM6/7/17
to islandora
Alex, FYI, I just merged Rosie's pull request so this should be fixed now on 7.x-1.x

Thanks so much Rosie for this, we are so lucky to have you =)

Best

Diego Pino
Metro.org