The Islandora 7.x-1.10 Release Team Still Needs People!

Melissa A

Aug 30, 2017, 2:40:31 PM8/30/17
to isla...@googlegroups.com, island...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

This is another reminder that Islandora 7.x-1.10 is coming soon, and the Release Team needs more volunteers. You can sign up here[1].

We're very happy to once again see new names showing up in the Tester, Documentation, and Auditor roles, but there are still modules in need of adoption, especially in the area of Component Manager/Maintainer:

Needs a Component Manager:
  • Islandora (core module)
  • Basic Image Solution Pack
  • Large Image Solution Pack
  • Disk Image Solution Pack
  • Audio Solution Pack
  • WebARChive Solution Pack
  • Collection Solution Pack
  • PHP Lib
  • Objective Forms
  • Islandora XML Forms
  • Islandora Bookmark
  • Islandora MARCXML
  • Islandora Newspaper Batch
  • Islandora OAI
  • Islandora OCR
  • Islandora Solr Views
  • Islandora Populator
  • Islandora Simple Workflow
  • Islandora XACML Editor
  • Islandora XML Sitemap
  • Islandora Pathauto
  • Internet Archive Book Viewer
  • Islandora Importer
  • Islandora Paged Content
  • Islandora Solr Search
  • Islandora Ontology
MODULES WITH NO MAINTAINER MAY BE REMOVED FROM 7.x-1.10!

Needs a Tester:
  • Islandora (core module)
  • Large Image Solution Pack
  • Disk Image Solution Pack
  • Book Solution Pack
  • Compound Solution Pack
  • PHP Lib
  • Objective Forms
  • Islandora XML Forms
  • Islandora Bookmark
  • Islandora MARCXML
  • Islandora Solr Views
  • Islandora Populator
  • Islandora Simple Workflow
  • Islandora XACML Editor
  • Islandora Pathauto
  • Image Annotation
  • Internet Archive Book Viewer
  • Islandora Importer
  • JWPlayer
  • Islandora PDF.js
  • Islandora Paged Content
  • Islandora Solr Search
  • Islandora Ontology
  • Islandora Form Field Panel
  • Islandora Checksum
  • Islandora Checksum Checker
Needs a Documenter:

  • Islandora (core module)
  • Basic Image Solution Pack
  • Large Image Solution Pack
  • Book Solution Pack
  • Newspaper Solution Pack
  • PHP Lib
  • Objective Forms
  • Openseadragon
  • Islandora XML Forms
  • Islandora Bookmark
  • Islandora Newspaper Batch
  • Islandora OCR
  • Islandora Solr Views
  • Islandora Simple Workflow
  • Islandora XACML Editor
  • Islandora Pathauto
  • Book Batch
  • Image Annotation
  • Internet Archive Book Viewer
  • Islandora Importer
  • Islandora Paged Content
  • Islandora Solr Search

Needs an Auditor:

Many! This is a very low time commitment, so please consider helping us out even if you are new to the release process.

Details for the Release Team Roles:

* Documentation: Documentation will need to be updated for the next  release. Any new components will also need to be documented. If you are  interested in working on the documentation for a given component, please  add your name to any component listed here[1].

* Testers: All components with JIRA issues set to 'Ready for Test' will need to be tested and verifying. Additionally, Testers test the overall  functionality of a given component and make tickets for any issues they find. If you are interested in being a  tester for a given component, please add your name to any component listed here[1]. Testers will be provided with a release candidate virtual machine to do testing on.

* Auditors: Each release we audit our README and LICENSE files. Auditors will be responsible auditing a given component to ensure the README follows our template and that the correct license file is present. If you are interested in being an auditor for a given component, please add your name to any component listed here[1].

* Component Manager: Responsible for the code base of their components, acting as the Maintainer between releases. MODULES WITHOUT A MAINTAINER MAY HAVE TO BE REMOVED FROM 7.X-1.10. If you are interested in being a component manager, please
add your name to any component listed here[1].

**Time lines**

Auditing Begins: September 1st (if we have a full team)
Code Freeze: September 15th
Release Candidate: September 29th
Release: October 31st, 2017

There's documentation about how to perform each role here[2].If you have a questions about being a member of the release team, please reply.

Thanks!

- Melissa Anez
Project & Community Manager

[1]

dric...@utk.edu

Aug 30, 2017, 3:16:36 PM8/30/17
to islandora, island...@googlegroups.com
I know this won't be a popular suggestion but could we put those deadlines in the signup doc? I know this info is other places but having one place to run to for all the critical info would be useful.

dp...@metro.org

Aug 30, 2017, 9:46:25 PM8/30/17
to islandora-dev, isla...@googlegroups.com
Hi, it´s a good suggestion. The more places, the better. Will make sure those dates/deadlines get into the spreadsheet. Is the bottom part good enough?

Best

Diego Pino N
Metro.org /one of the Release Managers for 7.x-1.10

dric...@utk.edu

Sep 1, 2017, 11:17:31 AM9/1/17
to islandora-dev, isla...@googlegroups.com
That should work.

Melissa Anez

Sep 5, 2017, 10:06:45 AM9/5/17
to islandora, island...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Auditing of the 7.x-1.10 release begins today and we have a full team of Auditors to take it on, working with Auditing Manager Janice Banser.

Code freeze is coming up on September 15th and we need to fill up the rest of the team by then. You can sign up here[1]. Components that still need love:

Component Manager:
    • Disk Image Solution Pack
    • Audio Solution Pack
    • WebARChive Solution Pack
    • Internet Archive Book Viewer
    • Islandora Importer
    • Islandora OCR
    • Islandora MARCXML
    • Islandora Newspaper Batch
    • Islandora Ontology
    Tester:
    • Islandora (core)
    • Islandora PREMIS
    • WebARChive Solution Pack
    • Book Solution Pack
    • Islandora JWPlayer
    • Islandora Checksum
    • Islandora Checksum Checker
    • Islandora Bookmark
    • Islandora MARCXML
    • Islandora Solr Views
    • Islandora Populator
    • Islandora XACML Editor
    • Islandora Paged Content
    Documenter:
    • Islandora (core)
    • Islandora Importer
    • Islandora Book Batch
    • Large Image Solution Pack
    • Islandora OCR
    • Islandora XML Forms
    • PHP Lib
    • Objective Forms
    • Newspaper Solution Pack
    • Islandora JWPLayer
    • Islandora Checksum
    • Islandora Checksum Checker
    • Islandora Bookmark
    • Islandora Newspaper Batch
    • Islandora Solr Views
    • Islandora XACML Editor
    • Islandora Paged Content
    We have instructions for each role[2] and role managers to help guide you through the process. All we need is a little of your time.

    Thanks,

    - Melissa