Restrict metadata field within a collection using Solr Metadata display

ns...@library.rochester.edu

Dec 21, 2016, 4:27:33 PM12/21/16
to islandora
Hi Everyone,

   We would like to restrict the display of a particular metadata field for content within a given collection.  I know we can restrict the display globally with Solr Metadata display but I didn't see a way to restrict it for a given collection.  I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to restrict showing a particular field for content within a given collection when using Solr Metadata display.

Thanks,
-Nate

Brad Spry

Jan 4, 2017, 5:16:53 PM1/4/17
to islandora
Nate,

Islandora Context enables the fine-grained control you seek:
https://github.com/mjordan/islandora_context

Basic operation:

1. Create a custom SOLR Metadata Display with just the metadata fields and labels you desire.

2. Add a new context, with the condition of Islandora Collection Membership = your collection(s).

3. Define the reaction to utilize your custom SOLR Metadata Display from Step 1.

Tip: Once installed, you'll find the "on switch" for Islandora Context-powered metadata display here: admin/islandora/metadata  (Islandora Solr Metadata managed by the Islandora Context module)

Brad

Sarr, Nathan

Jan 5, 2017, 2:35:58 PM1/5/17
to isla...@googlegroups.com