Islandora IP embargo on v 7.x.1.6

BrzI Channel

Jan 26, 2016, 6:36:29 PM1/26/16
to islandora
Is there any way to implement IP filtering per collection in the current official build ?

I have seen the module for previous versions - which generally means I should not mix with the current (newer) builds

What options (if any) do I have ?

Thanks

Mark Jordan

Jan 26, 2016, 6:49:41 PM1/26/16
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Goran,

I started work on that feature in IP Embargo quite a while back but didn't complete it.

However, Islandora Context can restrict access to members of the collection by IP ranges. However, currently it only works for top-level objects (so not pages of books or newspaper issues, or children of other compound objects). I'm plan to add the child object feature some time before April. I've opened an issue.

One way around this limitation is that if all of the objects in the collection (parents and children) share a namespace, you can have the IP restriction apply to that namespace.

Mark

--
For more information about using this group, please read our Listserv Guidelines: http://islandora.ca/content/welcome-islandora-listserv
---

BrzI Channel

Jan 26, 2016, 7:20:45 PM1/26/16
to islandora
Restriction by top-level objects (collections ?)  ought to be good for what I need.

Thanks

BrzI Channel

Jan 26, 2016, 7:48:32 PM1/26/16
to islandora
Well, I installed it and it does what is says it does - restricts per collection.

Mark, as this is a work in progress, where should I be looking for compatibility errors ? Obviously, it would be nice to be able to version it 7.0.1.6....

Thanks for this though - it solves a big problem for us. I was already thinking of another Islandora instance with Drupal-level IP restrictions.

You just saved me 3 days work :-)

Thanks again

Goran

BrzI Channel

Jan 27, 2016, 4:09:10 PM1/27/16
to islandora
Just a follow-up question :

Is there a way to completely hide IP-filtered collections/items ?

Thanks