SURVEY: Fedora in a Digital Preservation Environment

David Wilcox

Jan 4, 2017, 7:16:03 AM1/4/17
to Fedora Community, Hydra Community, Islandora Community, mw-fedo...@googlegroups.com, South Central States Fedora Users, fedor...@jiscmail.ac.uk, anz-fedo...@googlegroups.com, Fedora Leaders
Hi everyone,

Fedora Leaders [1] have recently engaged in discussions to clearly define how Fedora supports digital preservation, and how it fits into a larger digital preservation solution. These discussions led to the publication of a document outlining the functionality provided by Fedora that supports digital preservation practice [2], as well as a well-attended panel discussion at the Fall CNI member meeting [3].

As part of the effort to explain the role Fedora plays in digital preservation ecosystems, Fedora Leaders would like to survey institutions who have implemented Fedora for this purpose. The survey is expected to take no more than 30 minutes to complete.  We very much appreciate your participation so that we may better understand the use of Fedora and that institutions considering the use of Fedora have a better understanding of the preservation functions supported by Fedora and the other systems used in conjunction with it.

Please complete the survey by Friday, January 20. Once the responses have been collected and reviewed we will share the results with the community.

Regards,

--

David Wilcox

Fedora Product Manager

DuraSpace

dwi...@duraspace.org

David Wilcox

Jan 24, 2017, 10:14:13 AM1/24/17
to Fedora Community, Hydra Community, Islandora Community, mw-fedo...@googlegroups.com, South Central States Fedora Users, fedor...@jiscmail.ac.uk, anz-fedo...@googlegroups.com, Fedora Leaders
Hi everyone,

Thanks to all who have responded to the survey so far. We have decided to extend the deadline in order to provide an opportunity for more institutions to respond, so if you have not already done so please complete the survey by Wednesday, February 8. The results of this survey will help us gain a better understanding of the role Fedora plays in digital preservation environments.
Regards,

David

--

David Wilcox