Fedora 3 to 4 Migration Survey Results

David Wilcox

Feb 17, 2015, 2:38:58 PM2/17/15
to Fedora Community, fedora-...@googlegroups.com, isla...@googlegroups.com, hydra-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

Last month we asked you all to participate in a Fedora 3 to 4 migration survey, and I am happy to report that we received a total of 54 responses from institutions all over the world. I have attached a summary of the survey results to this message; please respond with any questions or comments.

The results of the survey confirm the need for a Fedora 3 to 4 data migration tool [1] and a Fedora 4 audit service [2], both of which are currently being pursued as priorities. The other survey results, in terms of most-used features, support for migrations, and repository size, will be used to inform future decisions on feature priorities, documentation, and training efforts.

Regards,

David

--
David Wilcox