Compound Object Navigation Block Visibility

Mark McFate

Aug 9, 2014, 4:59:44 PM8/9/14
to isla...@googlegroups.com
I'm having an odd problem with the Compound Object Navigation Block.  It appears and works just fine for me, as User 1, but nobody else can see this block.  I've been all over the block configuration, context settings, permissions... and I can't figure out why this works for me but not for others.

Anybody solved a similar problem or have any adivce?

Thanks.

-Mark

Priscilla Caplan

Aug 9, 2014, 5:29:07 PM8/9/14
to isla...@googlegroups.com
We had a problem where logged-in users could see the block but not anonymous users.  To my recollection, we never solved that, but it went away with 1.3.  I think.  Hmmm -- I should test it.

For more information about using this group, please read our Listserv Guidelines: http://islandora.ca/content/welcome-islandora-listserv
---

Brad Spry

Mar 13, 2015, 1:50:54 PM3/13/15
to isla...@googlegroups.com
I landed here searching for others experiencing the same issue.

In looking at JIRA, I see:
https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/ISLANDORA-1144

...which leads to lots of fixes coming in Islandora:7.x-1.5:
https://github.com/Islandora/islandora_solution_pack_compound/pull/70

I'm studying the changed files and will be testing them in coming days.
https://github.com/Islandora/islandora_solution_pack_compound/pull/70/files

<B

Mark McFate

Apr 10, 2015, 9:07:17 AM4/10/15
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to all who replied.  My experience was much the same...the problem disappeared on its own, presumably as software components were upgraded over time.