[URI Management WG] A Hydra Survey on Predicate Problems and Object Obstacles

Hardesty, Juliet Louise

Jun 3, 2016, 3:13:39 PM6/3/16
to Hydra-Tech, hydra-c...@googlegroups.com, isla...@googlegroups.com, fedora-c...@googlegroups.com
Hello! The URI Management Working Group would like to learn from the Hydra community about problems encountered when constructing RDF statements for new Hydra web apps or when migrating older content into a new Hydra web app environment using RDF. This information will be used to inform the functional requirements for a Hydra community vocabulary manager.

Take a few minutes to respond to this 7-question survey:

and help move us towards a community vocab manager that supports your needs!

Thanks,
Julie

Juliet L. Hardesty
Metadata Analyst/Librarian
Digital Collections Services
Library Technologies
Indiana University

Hardesty, Juliet Louise

Jun 29, 2016, 8:42:26 AM6/29/16
to Hydra-Tech, hydra-c...@googlegroups.com, isla...@googlegroups.com, fedora-c...@googlegroups.com
Hello again! Have you ever tried to create or manage RDF statements and found yourself thinking “I need to find a predicate” or “Is there a URI for that”? If these sorts of RDF-ish thoughts have crossed your mind, we want to hear from you!

Maybe you found what you needed, maybe you did not. Regardless, if you have not already responded please take a few minutes to fill out this 7-question survey:

The URI Management Working Group is a working group within the Hydra Metadata Interest Group and we are interested in making recommendations for creating and maintaining URIs that are necessary for Hydra community projects to express appropriate RDF properties and property values. We’re currently working on a decision tree to help people look for predicates and discussing what the functional requirements would be for a Hydra vocab manager.

We’ll keep the survey up for a couple more weeks but don’t delay, answer today!
Thanks,
Julie