Migrating Islandora Collections

Micheal Grimard

Jun 10, 2016, 11:46:58 AM6/10/16
to islandora
What is the best method for migrating all the data from an existing Islandora installation to another? I would be going from Islandora 7.x-1.3 to 7.x-1.6.

Are there any tools for exporting the content and then importing it into the other version? I was looking into Islandora Bagit, but I don't see any packaged import tools for bags.

I was also looking into maybe just moving over the data related files to the new installation, but I'm not sure exactly where all the data is contained and if it would be compatible with the upgraded version of solr and fedora.

Any advice from those who have already tackled this problem, or links would be appreciated.

Thanks.