Islandora 7.x-1.8 Release Updates

Melissa Anez

Sep 19, 2016, 12:33:10 PM9/19/16
to islandora
Hi all,

Just getting a thread started where Danny (Release Manager) and I can keep you up to date on the progress of the release in one spot (in addition to the other, more focussed announcements).

Islandora on GitHub: https://github.com/Islandora

- Melissa Anez

Islandora 7.x-1.8 Communication Manager

Melissa Anez

Sep 19, 2016, 12:39:38 PM9/19/16
to islandora
And now, for an actual announcement:

The 7.x-1.8 Audit is complete! Many thanks to our 17 Auditors and our first-ever Auditing Manager, Janice Banser. Under Janice's guidance, everything was in right on schedule and we're ready to move on to the next steps: Testing and Documentation.

Testing and Docs should be done using the Release Candidate VM, which will hopefully be created tonight, for release to the team tomorrow, September 20. Our Testing Manager (Dan Aitken) and Documentation Manager (Don Richards) will send out instructions to their teams when it's officially time to get started.

- Melissa

Melissa Anez

Sep 22, 2016, 3:15:28 PM9/22/16
to islandora
The Release testing/Documentation VM is available: https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2FIslandora-Labs%2Fislandora_vagrant%2Ftree%2F7.x-1.8&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNEhmKUmmezfsc_YrP_v1PoVln8wbw (or you can build with vagrant from the 1.8 branch).

Testers, please get started! We've got a deadline of October 3rd, to give plenty of time to clear up any blockers you may find.

Thanks!

- Melissa

Alex Kent

Sep 22, 2016, 4:09:59 PM9/22/16
to islandora
Having trouble getting this completely installed.  I'm not sure where to find the actual VM.  I have the Oracle VM Virtual Box installed, but can't find the 1.8 VM file that I need to import into it to get things up and running.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.

Nick Ruest

Sep 22, 2016, 4:16:41 PM9/22/16
to isla...@googlegroups.com
http://alpha.library.yorku.ca/releases/7.x-1.8/Islandora_7.x-1.8_Release_VM-RC1.ova

-nruest
> --
> For more information about using this group, please read our Listserv
> Guidelines: http://islandora.ca/content/welcome-islandora-listserv
> ---
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/islandora/39623038-cf97-43c6-87b6-73218509c5ff%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/islandora/39623038-cf97-43c6-87b6-73218509c5ff%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Melissa Anez

Sep 22, 2016, 4:18:21 PM9/22/16
to islandora
Sorry! Bad copy+paste on my part. Nick's link is the right one.

- Melissa

Alex Kent

Sep 23, 2016, 8:39:48 AM9/23/16
to islandora
Great! Thanks.  It wasn't just me then...

I'll see if I can get in my testing before Oct. 3rd.

Alex

Alex Kent

Sep 23, 2016, 9:28:16 AM9/23/16
to islandora
One more question: The link to documentation goes to 1.7, not 1.8.  Am I missing where the link is?

Thanks again.

Melissa A

Sep 23, 2016, 9:30:56 AM9/23/16
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Alex,

You're in the right place. The documentation is "live" on the latest version. I'll slice off a 1.8 copy when the release is ready.

- Melissa

Melissa Anez

Oct 3, 2016, 10:39:12 AM10/3/16
to islandora
Hello all,

Today is the deadline for Islandora 7.x-1.8 Testing and Documentation. If you're signed up[1] for a module and still in "To Do" or "In Progress" mode, please let us know if you're not going to be able to finish by the end of the day.

So far we have no major blockers, so the release is right on track. Big thanks to our whole team, especially our role Managers, who have made things go so smoothly.

- Melissa