Lost access to module config page

Brandon Weigel

Aug 19, 2016, 4:29:34 PM8/19/16
to islandora
Hi all,

I'm hoping someone with more knowledge than I have about these things can help...

I've been working on a new module for displaying citation counts, Islandora Badges (https://github.com/bondjimbond/islandora_badges). It's working beautifully in Vagrant, but I ran into some trouble getting it into my production repository - and I think it has to do with the way I installed it.

Until recently I did not have permission to modify the modules directory in the shell. So to install, I had to use "install module" in the Modules UI. This created a directory in Modules: islandora_badges-7.x/

Finally I got the right permissions, which I needed as I had made some new commits to the module. So I git cloned my module, creating directory islandora_badges/ and deleted the directory islandora_badges-7.x/.

The module itself still works (seen here), but with one big problem: after doing this, I lost access to my Config page. When I go to admin/islandora/tools/badges, I get a 500 error ("arcabc.ca is currently unable to handle this request"), with no details. Because the Config page works fine in Vagrant, I figure it must be due to my deleting the original directory. This was the same path used in my earlier iteration of Islandora Badges, and it worked fine then.

Does anyone have a clue as to what went wrong, and how I can fix it?

Many thanks!

Brandon

Jared Whiklo

Aug 19, 2016, 4:35:21 PM8/19/16
to isla...@googlegroups.com
First question... you cleared all the caches right?

On 2016-08-19 3:29 PM, Brandon Weigel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm hoping someone with more knowledge than I have about these things
> can help...
>
> I've been working on a new module for displaying citation counts,
> Islandora Badges (https://github.com/bondjimbond/islandora_badges). It's
> working beautifully in Vagrant, but I ran into some trouble getting it
> into my production repository - and I think it has to do with the way I
> installed it.
>
> Until recently I did not have permission to modify the modules directory
> in the shell. So to install, I had to use "install module" in the
> Modules UI. This created a directory in Modules: islandora_badges-7.x/
>
> Finally I got the right permissions, which I needed as I had made some
> new commits to the module. So I git cloned my module, creating directory
> islandora_badges/ and deleted the directory islandora_badges-7.x/.
>
> The module itself still works (seen here
> <http://arcabc.ca/islandora/object/unbc%3A45>), but with one big
> problem: after doing this, I lost access to my Config page. When I go to
> admin/islandora/tools/badges, I get a 500 error ("arcabc.ca is currently
> unable to handle this request"), with no details. Because the Config
> page works fine in Vagrant, I figure it must be due to my deleting the
> original directory. This was the same path used in my earlier iteration
> of Islandora Badges, and it worked fine then.
>
> Does anyone have a clue as to what went wrong, and how I can fix it?
>
> Many thanks!
>
> Brandon
>
> --
> For more information about using this group, please read our Listserv
> Guidelines: http://islandora.ca/content/welcome-islandora-listserv
> ---
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/islandora/4f89a50f-4860-4413-a7ed-9f8c113b931c%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/islandora/4f89a50f-4860-4413-a7ed-9f8c113b931c%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Jared Whiklo
jwh...@gmail.com
People will believe anything if you whisper it.

signature.asc

Brandon Weigel

Aug 19, 2016, 4:38:51 PM8/19/16
to islandora
Aaaaagh -- dumb rookie mistake. Thanks, Jared -- clearing the cache worked. (Smacking myself in the head right now. I never remember about cache clearing when I need it..)

In that case, please just take this post as a way of plugging my module.

And if anyone has some knowledge (or some code I can steal) to help me render the Web of Science results as a badge-like image, I'd be much happy to talk to you.

Jared Whiklo

Aug 19, 2016, 4:58:33 PM8/19/16
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Happens to the best of us, just glad it wasn't a bigger problem on a
Friday afternoon.

cheers,
jared
> --
> For more information about using this group, please read our Listserv
> Guidelines: http://islandora.ca/content/welcome-islandora-listserv
> ---
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/islandora/61246d4a-d9e8-450c-a33c-a2e3362fb9a3%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/islandora/61246d4a-d9e8-450c-a33c-a2e3362fb9a3%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Jared Whiklo
jwh...@gmail.com
I've learned that whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed.

signature.asc