Missing mods fields in Fedora Index

Erik Beck

May 8, 2017, 8:07:36 PM5/8/17
to islandora

Hey Folks,

I have a number of MODS fields that aren't getting included in my fedora index.  As you can see from the screen shot below I'm missing a whole slew of fields between mods_note_t and mods_subject_geographic_mlt, like originInfo and person.  Could someone tell me where these fields are defined, or how this index is constructed?  I'm running Islandora 7.x-1.7 and Fedora 3.8.

Thanks,
Erik Beck
University of Colorado Law Library

Jordan Dukart

May 9, 2017, 6:48:19 AM5/9/17
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Hey Erik,

From that screenshot looks like your on FedoraGSearch's indexInfo page. I'm not too familiar with that interface but I assume it pulls somehow via Solr's index. For a more concise look at what's in your index I'd suggest going to yourserver:8080/solr/admin (assuming tomcat is running on 8080). In regards to how fields are constructed it'd depend on what GSearch config you are using. Those fields name do look like dgi's config though (https://github.com/discoverygarden/basic-solr-config). The fields are created by matching everything MODS in an xslt (https://github.com/discoverygarden/islandora_transforms/blob/ec7dce21190b0e01c463aef2786057e2fb516bc8/slurp_all_MODS_to_solr.xslt) and using node names/attributes to construct the field names dynamically. Usually if some specific field is missing it's possible that data with those MODS elements in it have yet to be ingested/indexed.

Jordan
--
For more information about using this group, please read our Listserv Guidelines: http://islandora.ca/content/welcome-islandora-listserv
---

Erik Beck

May 9, 2017, 12:38:14 PM5/9/17
to islandora
Thanks for the reply Jordan.  The screenshot posted is of the gsearch index.  I get the same list of fields when I use the schema browser tool in Solr admin.  I am indeed using the discoverygarden basic-solr-config package.  No discrepancies in my slurp_all_MODS_to_solr.xslt that I can see, except that I had to change path references for a few of the includes.  Here's the xslt attached.

That's useful to know that the fields are constructed dynamically.  I was thinking that might be the case so I imported the FSU Full MODS form, associated with with a content model, and ingested an object with it with values in all of its fields.  I was hoping that might build out the rest of the index for MODS, but no luck.

All I'm trying to do here is add a dateIssued field to my pdf content model.  Someone posted this form on Duraspace a couple months ago and I've been trying to use it.  Gsearch/solr are rejecting that dateIssued field and I can't figure out why.  The form works in my vagrant install and I don't see what would be different between that and my production server besides the fact it has all the content models.

I see no errors in my catalina log.  Are there other error logs I could consult that relate to indexing/ingest?

slurp_all_MODS_to_solr.xslt

Erik Beck

May 12, 2017, 6:05:13 PM5/12/17
to islandora
I figured out what was wrong.  I was missing the gsearch extension dependencies.  Oopsy daisy.