Cannot Access Isilon Files

scott

Jul 16, 2014, 1:54:53 PM7/16/14
to isilon-u...@googlegroups.com
I've been working with Isilon support for about a week on a problem with a failing SyncIQ job and a bunch of inaccessible files. Support has sent this to 'engineering' but its been almost a week and I need to access these files.

An example of the files I'm having trouble with.

From the source cluster as root:

# ls -l mileage\ dec\ 2010*
-rwxrwx--- +  1 MHX\service-acct  MHX\domain users  151040 Jan  3  2011 mileage dec 2010.xls

.. but it fails when trying to look at the security descriptor for the same file

# ls -led mileage\ dec\ 2010*
-rwxrwx--- +  1 MHX\service-acct  MHX\domain users  151040 Jan  3  2011 mileage dec 2010.xls
ls: You do not have permission to read the security descriptor for mileage dec 2010.xls

The isi commands also do not work on these files.

# isi get mileage\ dec\ 2010*

isi: Could not open './mileage dec 2010.xls': Permission denied

And I cannot clear the security descriptor and start over
.
# chmod -D mileage\ dec\ 2010.xls
chmod: Could not get the security descriptor for mileage dec 2010.xls: No such file or directory

Does anyone have any ideas on how I might get my data back?  This is affecting a large number of important files.

Thanks

Scott

Jerry Uanino

Jul 16, 2014, 3:39:55 PM7/16/14
to isilon-u...@googlegroups.com
eish.
I assume you can't cat the file?
I guess you can try to do an ndmp backup, see if the security descriptor crap is bypassed.
then restore the file back and see if it fixes  it. longshot. only handy if you have ndmp setup already.

scott

Jul 16, 2014, 6:12:09 PM7/16/14
to isilon-u...@googlegroups.com
Sheesh.  The files in question were quarantined (were using the icap integration with symantec)

Not good that a quarantined file can stop the system from doing anything with the file without logging some kind useful message. At least its working.

-Scott

Jerry Uanino

Jul 16, 2014, 7:16:18 PM7/16/14
to isilon-u...@googlegroups.com
you'd think there would be an isi alert for that of some kind that symantec could pass back to you.