flickers and sometimes is covered with weird white box

Henry

May 5, 2011, 1:34:30 AM5/5/11
to iScroll
Hey,

Has anyone else experienced this? On my iPad 4.2 + Phonegap 0.9.4 +
iScroll 4 app I have a big scroll area that works perfectly. If I
close the app (goes into background) and reopen it, this are ALWAYS
does a quick flicker.

and about 30% of the time the scroller has a white box in it. as soon
as I touch the scroll area - the box goes away. It is literally a
white box with nothing in it.

has anyone experienced either issue before? Also, I tried
http://cubiq.org/you-shall-not-flicker but that has no affect on the
flicker.

Henry

May 10, 2011, 1:30:05 AM5/10/11
to iScroll
Found some more interesting things.. I added life events to my iOS app
and made it destroy the scrolls on resume. I set a timer to re-
initialize iscrolls after 5 seconds and i STILL get a flash at the 5
second mark. something to do with iScroll..

Any ideas anyone?

(i upgraded to 0.9.5)

On May 4, 10:34 pm, Henry <henryle...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Has anyone else experienced this? On my iPad 4.2  + Phonegap 0.9.4 +
> iScroll 4 app I have a big scroll area that works perfectly. If I
> close the app (goes into background) and reopen it, this are ALWAYS
> does a quick flicker.
>
> and about 30% of the time the scroller has a white box in it. as soon
> as I touch the scroll area - the box goes away. It is literally a
> white box with nothing in it.
>
> has anyone experienced either issue before? Also, I triedhttp://cubiq.org/you-shall-not-flicker but that has no affect on the
> flicker.

Henry Levak

May 10, 2011, 1:14:53 PM5/10/11
to iScroll
I fixed it. I used the article: http://cubiq.org/you-shall-not-flicker and changed around my dom. No more flicker :)

Trunal Bhanse

May 10, 2011, 1:34:43 PM5/10/11
to isc...@googlegroups.com
cool..if you dont mind, can you share some of the details of the dom changes that you did?
--
Thanks!
Trunal Bhanse

Henry

May 18, 2011, 10:50:00 PM5/18/11
to iScroll
sure, I actually just simplified it as much as possible. Maybe
something I should have been doing regardless of iScroll. But really
cutting it down to as little as possible

On May 10, 10:34 am, Trunal Bhanse <trun...@gmail.com> wrote:
> cool..if you dont mind, can you share some of the details of the dom changes
> that you did?
>

> On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 10:14 AM, Henry Levak <henryle...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I fixed it. I used the article:http://cubiq.org/you-shall-not-flickerand
> > changed around my dom. No more flicker :)
>
> > On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 10:30 PM, Henry <henryle...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Found some more interesting things.. I added life events to my iOS app
> >> and made it destroy the scrolls on resume. I set a timer to re-
> >> initialize iscrolls after 5 seconds and i STILL get a flash at the 5
> >> second mark. something to do with iScroll..
>
> >> Any ideas anyone?
>
> >> (i upgraded to 0.9.5)

> >> cubiq.org/you-shall-not-flicker but that has no affect on the

Panabee

Apr 25, 2012, 3:23:26 AM4/25/12
to isc...@googlegroups.com
hey henry,

we're having the same issues. could you share a sense of how complicated your list elements were? how many nested elements were in each row?

we tried the CSS fix, but it did nothing. we noticed the flicker only appears when more than ~20 elements are in the list. our list elements are already simplified, but just curious what worked for you.

thanks!