[info] PhD Position in Decision Neuroscience at Erasmus University Rotterdam

1 view

Ignatius S. Condro Atmawan B.

Nov 21, 2018, 4:10:19 PM11/21/18
to beasiswa, iscabe...@googlegroups.com, iscab...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Maarten A.S. Boksem <Maa...@boksem.nl>
Date: Wed, Nov 21, 2018 at 4:13 PM

We seek outstanding applicants whose research interests lie at the intersection of psychology, economics, marketing and neuroscience and who are interested in studying the brain mechanisms that underlie judgement and decision-making. Particular interests of our group are the neural underpinnings of persuasive messaging, social influences on choice, emotion regulation and (dis)honesty. In particular, we focus on linking neural measures obtained from individuals to real market-level choice data. However, candidates have a large say in the precise focus of their project.

For the current project, we are especially looking for applicants who have an interest in or experience with innovative fMRI methods, such as multi-voxel pattern analysis (MVPA) and representational similarity analysis (RSA), as well as neural reliability (inter-subject correlations in neural activity), or multivariate approaches to EEG data analyses, and who would be interested in applying these techniques to study (real-world) choice behaviour. Experience with and interest in applying these advanced techniques is a definite plus. However, candidates with a less technical focus and a more general interest in how neuroscience can inform decision-making are also invited to apply.
In addition to fMRI and EEG, we make use of eye-tracking, facial coding, and behavioural measures in our research. Experience with EEG and/or fMRI is required for this position.

Interested candidates can apply through the ERIM website (tinyurl.com/ya7fop73). Application deadline January 15, 2019. For more information about this position, please contact Ale Smidts (asm...@rsm.nl) or Maarten Boksem (mbo...@rsm.nl).

Reference: ERIM PhD 2019 RSM MKT DN1
______