[info] postdoc @UNC (animal ephys+opto+cognition)

1 view

Ignatius S. Condro Atmawan B.

Mar 18, 2020, 4:45:08 PM3/18/20
to beasiswa, iscabeasiswa, iscabekerja

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Angel Huang
Date: Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 10:27 PM

*Join the Frohlich Lab! We are hiring a postdoc for our latest research
project "The causal role of large-scale network dynamics in cognitive
control".*

Interested in the causal role of brain rhythms in cognition? Excited to use
cutting-edge circuit perturbation strategies and advanced data analytics?
We are looking to hire a postdoc to join our team at UNC. We have developed
a comprehensive toolset to examine the large-scale network dynamics in an
exciting preclinical model. We combine optogenetics, multisite
multielectrode array recordings, and touch-screen based behavioral assays
to delineate the role of theta and alpha oscillations in cognitive control.
We are a unique team that brings together preclinical and clinical research
to advance the rational design of circuit-based therapeutics in psychiatry.

Established in 2011, the Frohlich Lab has focused on the development of an
intermediate model system for the study of network oscillations. Recent
papers include Stitt et al 2018 (Nature Communications), where we
demonstrate the antagonistic interactions of alpha and theta oscillations
in the thalamo-cortical system as a function of arousal. Our group also has
a long-standing track record of translating preclinical discoveries about
brain stimulation into human studies and treatment clinical trials, such as
our recent work on transcranial alternating current stimulation for the
treatment of auditory hallucinations in schizophrenia, major depressive
disorder, and chronic pain.

We are part of the vibrant UNC-Chapel Hill neuroscience community. An
abundance of seminars, workshops, and meetings provide ample opportunities
for collaborations, professional development, and career advancement.
Chapel Hill is an exciting yet affordable town, which is part of a rapidly
growing larger community that includes Durham (Duke University) and Raleigh
(Research Triangle Park and NC State University).

Academic qualifications and requirements:

- PhD degree in relevant discipline

- Experience with electrophysiology techniques and/or computational
neuroscience

- Programming experience (e.g. Matlab, Python)

Application deadline: open until the position is filled.

Application checklist:

1) A single page research statement demonstrating your fit with the program
described above.

2) Current academic CV demonstrating research excellence and a capacity for
leadership.

3) Contact information for two references from academic supervisors or
current employers.

Learn more about us here: www.frohlichlab.org. Please reach out to Flavio
Frohlich (flavio_...@med.unc.edu) to discuss this unique opportunity.
We look forward to hearing from you!

--

Angel Wei Huang
Neuroscience Graduate Student, UNC-Chapel Hill