[info] Fully-funded EPSRC PhD Studentship at Lancaster University, UK

1 view

Ignatius S. Condro Atmawan B.

May 19, 2020, 8:55:27 AM5/19/20
to beasiswa, iscabeasiswa

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject:        Fully-funded EPSRC PhD Studentship at Lancaster University, UK
Date:   Mon, 18 May 2020 13:32:33 +0000
From:   Chris Plack <Chris...@MANCHESTER.AC.UK>
To:     AUDI...@LISTS.MCGILL.CA

The fourth option below would be supervised by myself (with my Lancaster
University hat on), Helen Nuttall (Lancaster University), and Jenna
Littlejohn (University of Manchester). We have excellent facilities for
hearing research at Lancaster, including five double-walled booths.

Title: Fully-funded EPSRC PhD Studentship
Email template
Lancaster University’s Department of Psychology is consistently ranked
in the top 10 psychology departments in the UK.  We have four core
research groups (Infancy and Early Development, Language and Cognition,
Perception and Action, Social Processes), and strong interdisciplinary
links with linguistics, computer science, health and medicine. The
Department actively supports open science initiatives, including the
development of good research practices, regular meetings of our Open
Science group
(https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/psychology/research/open-science/), and the
embedding of research integrity within our curricula and postgraduate
training.

We are currently advertising a fully-funded EPSRC PhD studentship (for
UK or Overseas applicants), covering tuition fees and annual stipend.
Applicants for the studentship can choose from one of the following
projects:

  * A study into naturalistic gaze behaviour in Alzheimer’s Disease
  * Digital technologies and bystander behaviour
  * Computational Modelling of Implicit Attitudes
  * Use of remote communication technologies by people with hearing loss
    and effect on feelings of social isolation
  * The soft skills of software learning development: Psychological
    dimensions of computing and security behaviours

The deadline for applications is* June 16th, 2020*.

Full details for for the studentship and how to apply are available
here: https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/psychology/study/phd/#d.en.406249,
along with more information about the available projects.
 General information about completing a PhD in Lancaster can be found
here: https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/psychology/study/phd/

Informal inquiries can be made by contacting Dermot Lynott
(d.ly...@lancaster.ac.uk <mailto:d.ly...@lancaster.ac.uk>) or by
contacting potential supervisors directly.

Best wishes,
Dermot Lynott,
Director of Postgraduate Studies.

*Chris Plack | Professor of Auditory Neuroscience*
Department of Psychology, Fylde D36
Lancaster University, Lancaster, LA1 4YF, UK