[info] Funded PhD Studentships at the Department of Psychology Durham University, UK

Ignatius S. Condro Atmawan B.

Nov 26, 2018, 5:56:57 PM11/26/18
to beasiswa, iscabe...@googlegroups.com

Date:   Wed, 21 Nov 2018 13:36:12 +0000
From:   THALER, LORE <lore....@DURHAM.AC.UK>

The Durham University Department of Psychology has a number of
opportunities to apply for fully-funded PhD studentships to start in
October 2019. We are looking for students with a strong academic track
record wishing to gain doctoral training in a vibrant research
environment with state of the art facilities, including a 3T MRI
scanner, acoustically controlled testing chamber, two RF shielded and
sound-proof EEG chambers, as well as laboratories for brain stimulation
(TMS, tdCS), motion capture and analysis, behavioural experiments and
eye-tracking. Our staff lead world-leading research across four groups:
Perception, Action & Awareness, Developmental Science, Quantitative
Social Psychology, and Learning, Memory & Cognition. We offer PhD
research projects in all these areas – see
https://www.dur.ac.uk/psychology/postgraduate/researchprojects/ for some
example project suggestions. Prospective students are also very welcome
to get in touch with members of staff to propose their own research
ideas see https://www.dur.ac.uk/psychology/staff/).

Fully funded PhD studentships for 2019 entry are available via several
schemes, including –

  * Durham Doctoral Studentships – open to International, UK and EU students
  * Departmental Studentships – open to UK and EU students

In addition, we put forward applications to

  * The ESRC NINE DTP doctoral training centre (includes 1+3 funding,
    Masters+PhD) - open to UK and EU students

All studentships include a stipend at the UKRC rate (currently £14,777),
tuition fees, and support for research expenses. For more information,
please see our website:
Funding information - https://www.dur.ac.uk/psychology/postgraduate/funding/
How to apply - https://www.dur.ac.uk/psychology/postgraduate/how_to_apply/

Closing dates for submission of applications via most schemes are
January 16^th 2019. Applications via the NINE DTP have the deadline
January 18^th 2019.

Interviews (by Skype if need be) are expected to take place in the week
commencing February 4^th 2019.

Lore Thaler

Associate Professor, Dept. of Psychology

Durham University

Science Site

South Road

Durham DH1 3LE