Having issues running handle server

Chopperlink

Jun 14, 2012, 9:57:57 AM6/14/12
to irp...@googlegroups.com
My friend and I are trying to install the IR+ server on a test computer. We did everything right up to step 6.3 in the installation PDF that came with the IR Plus
installation. When we try to run the handle server, it comes up with this error:

Error: Custom stoarage class edu.ur.handle.server.IrHandleStorage does not implement the HandleStorage interface.

My friend has been trying to figure this out since yesterday. Does anyone have any idea?

Chopperlink

Jun 14, 2012, 11:00:05 AM6/14/12
to irp...@googlegroups.com
Edit: Also when I try to publish something, the Add Information and Preview Publication pages seem to not work. I'll I get is a white page under the toolbar. I can't seem to publish anything to any folder either.

Nate Sarr

Jun 14, 2012, 11:12:15 AM6/14/12
to irp...@googlegroups.com
Hi There,

What version of the handle server are you using?

Best Wishes,
-Nate

Chopperlink

Nate Sarr

Jun 14, 2012, 11:17:29 AM6/14/12
to irp...@googlegroups.com
I'm going to take a look - I'm guessing they have changed the inteface.  IR+ was built against handle version 6.2
-Nate
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/irplus/-/VlIf601O81kJ.

Ryan McConnell

Jun 14, 2012, 11:21:05 AM6/14/12
to irp...@googlegroups.com
I've kinda wondered that too. Is there an way to get the earlier version? I've tried and can't seem to find it anywhere.

Nate Sarr

Jun 14, 2012, 12:32:28 PM6/14/12
to irp...@googlegroups.com
That's a good question.  I'm not sure if they do offer older versions.  I'm still looking into what changes their might be.  I may be able to fix it on my side and make it easier for you to use the new stuff.

Ryan McConnell

Jun 14, 2012, 12:34:00 PM6/14/12
to irp...@googlegroups.com
Ok, thank you!

Nate Sarr

Jun 14, 2012, 2:22:32 PM6/14/12
to irp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ryan,

    Looks like they did change the Storage interface in the 7.0 release.  Attached is the new IrHandleStorage.java class.  You will need to put the file in

{ir_plus-2.1}\ir_handle\src\edu\ur\handle\server

    You will need to copy from your handle server bin directory the file (same place where the handle.jar file is):

cnriutil.jar

    and place it into the directory: {ir_plus-2.1}\ir_handle\handle-jar

Then try following the instructions from page 49 on of the install manual to build the jar file.  You may need to update the windows script to include the other jar files now packaged in the handle bin directory if you are doing this on a windows machine.

Let me know if you run into any trouble.

-Nate
IrHandleStorage.java

Chopperlink

Jun 14, 2012, 2:53:36 PM6/14/12
to irp...@googlegroups.com
Wow you are good at this! It finally worked! Thank you a lot! I owe you one.

Nate Sarr

Jun 14, 2012, 2:59:19 PM6/14/12
to irp...@googlegroups.com
 lol - I've had a little practice ;-) .  That's great news!  Let me know if you run into any other issues or have any questions.

Best Wishes,
-Nate

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/irplus/-/oUT25frixrkJ.

Ryan McConnell

Jun 14, 2012, 3:33:13 PM6/14/12
to irp...@googlegroups.com
Well I do have permissions to the collections. But every time I try to publish to them, it shows "Can't Submit"  under the action tab of each collection.

Nate Sarr

Jun 15, 2012, 12:40:01 PM6/15/12
to irp...@googlegroups.com
Is there any chance I would be able to log into the server and take a look?

-Nate

Ryan McConnell

Jun 19, 2012, 9:17:43 AM6/19/12
to irp...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately, we work for an institution that won't allow it. Also we just registered irplus on local (we haven't really set up any kind of server on it yet). That may have something to do with it.

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 11:40 AM, Nate Sarr <nate...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is there any chance I would be able to log into the server and take a look?

-Nate

Nate Sarr

Jun 19, 2012, 9:24:58 AM6/19/12
to irp...@googlegroups.com
Ok, no problem.

   So we can try and work through this over email w/screen shots - or maybe skype with screen sharing if that is allowed.

   So to make sure I understand:

   1.  you have created a new group Administration -> User Groups
   2.  Added yourself to that group
   3.  Added that group to the collection with Direct Submit permissions?

-Nate

Ryan McConnell

Jun 19, 2012, 12:07:57 PM6/19/12
to irp...@googlegroups.com
ir_plus_web.log

Ryan McConnell

Jun 19, 2012, 12:14:00 PM6/19/12
to irp...@googlegroups.com
mail-sender.xml

Ryan McConnell

Jun 19, 2012, 12:36:46 PM6/19/12
to irp...@googlegroups.com
ir_plus_web.log

Ryan McConnell

Jun 19, 2012, 12:49:11 PM6/19/12
to irp...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much! That fixed everything!

mnazi

Sep 5, 2012, 11:44:50 AM9/5/12
to irp...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I'm having a partly similar issue. I can't submit to my collections despite being an admin. I'm running IR+ 2.1. Screenshots attached.

How can I resolve this?

Ok, thank you!

Version 7.0
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to irplus+un...@googlegroups.com.