LDAP Settings

Chopperlink

Jun 21, 2012, 9:03:33 AM6/21/12
to irp...@googlegroups.com
I heard that the LDAP settings are harder to configure on a Windows machine. What makes it harder?

Nate Sarr

Jun 21, 2012, 9:28:04 AM6/21/12
to irp...@googlegroups.com
From my experience it is harder to configure an active directory LDAP connection compared to a Unix based LDAP one because the connection string is tougher to get correct.  Is this what you mean?

-Nate

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 9:03 AM, Chopperlink <choppe...@gmail.com> wrote:
I heard that the LDAP settings are harder to configure on a Windows machine. What makes it harder?

Ryan McConnell

Jun 21, 2012, 10:36:59 AM6/21/12
to irp...@googlegroups.com
Something like that. Is it different from doing this: http://groups.google.com/group/irplus/browse_thread/thread/7a5ce46799154694

Nate Sarr

Jun 21, 2012, 10:39:50 AM6/21/12
to irp...@googlegroups.com
Should be along those lines.  Let me know if you run into any trouble.

-Nate

Ryan McConnell

Jun 21, 2012, 11:30:42 AM6/21/12
to irp...@googlegroups.com
Is there a log file for LDAP errors? Or is it all under the irplus log?

Ryan McConnell

Jun 21, 2012, 12:17:24 PM6/21/12
to irp...@googlegroups.com
We did what was on thread, and it just seems like the IRPlus server is not communicating with the LDAP server at all.

Nate Sarr

Jun 21, 2012, 12:47:34 PM6/21/12
to irp...@googlegroups.com
Check the ir_plus log - are there any errors?

-Nate

Ryan McConnell

Jun 21, 2012, 2:22:00 PM6/21/12
to irp...@googlegroups.com
No, it turns out we our computer is not responding to the LDAP port.

Nate Sarr

Jun 21, 2012, 2:27:29 PM6/21/12
to irp...@googlegroups.com
Do you think this might be an IR+ issue or a firewall issue or something else?

Ryan McConnell

Jun 21, 2012, 5:00:18 PM6/21/12
to irp...@googlegroups.com
I think we narrowed it down to an IR+ issue. We are able to connect to the LDAP server by other means, and the settings that we put into IR+ should be correct. It looks like IR+ isn't even trying to connect to the LDAP server.

Nate Sarr

Jun 21, 2012, 9:17:16 PM6/21/12
to irp...@googlegroups.com
Could you double check the property:

external.authentication.enabled = false

and make sure it is set to: True

By default it is set to false

Ryan McConnell

Jun 23, 2012, 11:20:27 PM6/23/12
to irp...@googlegroups.com
It is set to true, it seems like it is missing the code to actually connect to the server. We were able to connect to the server by other means using the the same settings that we did for the IR+ config. I think it has to do with the IR+....

Nate Sarr

Jun 25, 2012, 8:08:47 AM6/25/12
to irp...@googlegroups.com
Have you logged into IR+ and added an external username and password to the user account?

Ryan McConnell

Jun 26, 2012, 8:50:44 AM6/26/12
to irp...@googlegroups.com
You mean made a new account in the IR+ that isn't in our LDAP server?

Nate Sarr

Jun 26, 2012, 8:53:17 AM6/26/12
to irp...@googlegroups.com
Yep - IR+ always has a local account for a user and allows the user to also have an external authentication.  When the user logs in if an external account is set up it tries that if it cannot find an internal one.

-Nate

Ryan McConnell

Jun 26, 2012, 8:56:48 AM6/26/12
to irp...@googlegroups.com
Well we can log in using the admin account we created, but it's trying to log in using credentials from the LDAP server we have.

Ryan McConnell

Jun 26, 2012, 12:18:40 PM6/26/12
to irp...@googlegroups.com
Never mind, I think we found out the problem. We didn't connect one of the user names to an account that we created in IR+.

Nate Sarr

Jun 26, 2012, 4:27:27 PM6/26/12
to irp...@googlegroups.com
Ok,  Let me know how it goes and if you need any help.