IR+ 2.2 and 3.0

Paul Hoffman

May 8, 2013, 6:37:13 PM5/8/13
to irp...@googlegroups.com
Looking at the change log for IR+ 2.2, my intereset was piqued by the
following:

- Updates for google scholar indexing

I can't find anything obviously related to this in the issue tracker;
what was changed?

Paul.

--
Paul Hoffman <pa...@flo.org>
Systems Librarian

Paul Hoffman

May 8, 2013, 7:49:41 PM5/8/13
to irp...@googlegroups.com
I forgot to mention that I'm also interested in any information about
what's in the works for the next major release of IR+. A rough estimate
of the time frame would be lovely, too, if that's possible.

Nate Sarr

May 8, 2013, 9:53:43 PM5/8/13
to irp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul,

  The code now adds the following meta tags to each publication:

  This is the minimum required by google scholar for indexing.  When I contacted Google they indicated UR Research was being indexed correctly by Google scholar.

-Nate

Nate Sarr

May 9, 2013, 10:27:23 AM5/9/13
to irp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul,

   The next major release will be v 2.2.  I will be making an announcement tomorrow and will follow up with you tomorrow.  It will be a good idea for you to upgrade to the new version.  I will be able to give you a hand.

-Nate