Staging error?

Aaron Huber

Jul 22, 2014, 1:42:28 PM7/22/14
to ironf...@googlegroups.com
We're seeing the following error inside all of our staging_task.log files:

----> Downloaded app package (28KB)
C:\Ruby193\bin\ruby.exe : ruby: no Ruby script found in input (LoadError)
At D:\IronFoundry\warden\containers\07k7fc2xqvu\j2tcantv.ps1:7 char:1
+ C:\Ruby193\bin\ruby.exe 'D:\IronFoundry\0.0.0\dea_ng\buildpacks\bin\run'
'd:\Iro ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (ruby: no Ruby s...put (LoadError)
   :String) [], RemoteException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NativeCommandError

ruby
: no Ruby script found in input (LoadError)

The staging appears to be successful and we can't find any actual problem other than the message above.  We've spent some time trying to walk through the code and can't find where this is coming from.  Is this an indication that something is actually broken that we're not seeing, or can it be ignored?

Aaron Huber
Intel Corporation

Button, Brian

Jul 22, 2014, 2:58:37 PM7/22/14
to ironf...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Aaron,

I believe what you’re seeing is the DEA running through its list of build packs, trying to find one that matches the program being run. I’m pretty sure it’s normal.

bab

--
Brian Button | Product Manager, Application Services
CenturyLink Cloud

This message contains information which may be confidential and/or privileged. Unless you are the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the intended recipient), you may not read, use, copy or disclose to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received the message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message and any attachment(s) thereto without retaining any copies.

Aaron Huber

Jul 22, 2014, 5:46:54 PM7/22/14
to ironf...@googlegroups.com
Yep, looks like that's what it is.  If we specify the buildpack on push with "-b clr_buildpack" instead of letting it run through the detection code then we don't get the error.  Thanks for the tip.  :-)

Aaron