RestSharp throwing errors. It seems to be getting lost from the directory it should be in...

Adron Hall

Dec 23, 2012, 8:51:04 PM12/23/12
to ironf...@googlegroups.com
Hello All

I've been using the vcap-client as last pushed to Nuget. However I've started getting a rather annoying error on several instances that I use to develop. Here's the error message.

target_should_login_with_good_credentials, Failed: Could not load file or assembly 'RestSharp, Version=104.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=aed551a8db69a9bd' or one

Whenever any code makes a call to the vcap-client and the RestSharp library, this message is thrown and it just crashes. Any ideas off hand? ...and yes, I've checked about the assembly, it is in there, in the right path (unless there is a path that I'm unaware of). Wondering if I should blow it away or port the vcap-client to something else at this point? I'm not the only person who has ran into this either, some other devs have bumped into it also. At first I just thought it was a standard .NET fluke, but now it seems like it is being more consistent.

Cheers,
Adron

Adron Hall

Dec 23, 2012, 9:17:05 PM12/23/12
to ironf...@googlegroups.com
...and also, if you pull the code down (or have it pulled already) and check out the tests, there's one specifically that I put together just to verify if the error throws:  https://github.com/Adron/Thor.NET/blob/master/Thor.Testings/FigureOutName/testing_actions_for_views.cs just for easy access to the issue.

Adron B Hall
Iron Foundry Projecthttp://www.ironfoundry.org

Benjamin van der Veen

Dec 23, 2012, 9:22:14 PM12/23/12
to ironf...@googlegroups.com

On Sunday, December 23, 2012, Adron Hall wrote:

target_should_login_with_good_credentials, Failed: Could not load file or assembly 'RestSharp, Version=104.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=aed551a8db69a9bd' or one

Did you verify the public key matches?

I've checked about the assembly, it is in there, in the right path (unless there is a path that I'm unaware of).

I suppose it's possible it's loading a different version from somewhere unexpected. I think there might be a log line emitter or event that gets raised when an assembly loads into an AppDomain. Might be worth checking / hooking into that for more info?

Could also be something security related, like if you're loading from a non local drive (for example if the assembly is on your Mac file system and you're loading from the VM).

Adron Hall

Dec 24, 2012, 12:26:36 AM12/24/12
to ironf...@googlegroups.com
Good calls on the above. I'm giving that a walk through and giving some ideas Ian Davis mentioned. I'll post whatever the resolution is.

At some point, it'd be nice to shift any JSON/RESTful JSON services to using the ServiceStack.Text libraries, as they're crazy fast. For now I'll knock this error out and get a new Nuget pushed up to Nuget.

-Adron