The first step to use IronFoundry.

Harry Zhang

Sep 12, 2012, 9:51:02 PM9/12/12
to ironf...@googlegroups.com
Hi all:

I'm not very clear of how to use IronFoundry as I have my own CloudFoundry cluster.

Can I just add .Net DEA or Micro IronFoundry VM into my cluster by connecting it to NATS?

If not, do I need to run ironfoundry/vcap/dev_setup again to set up a IronFoundry cluster?

I have done something on Micro IF to connect to Micro CF, it works.

Hope I can make IronFoundry works soon.

adronhall

Sep 16, 2012, 9:58:57 PM9/16/12
to ironf...@googlegroups.com
Hey Harry,

If you'd like to try it out with the Stackato Private PaaS version check out http://help.ironfoundry.org/entries/21213767-iron-foundry-with-stackato-from-activestate

-Adron

Harry Zhang

Sep 17, 2012, 9:53:07 AM9/17/12
to ironf...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot. But I have successed in Micro IF with Micro CF.

Now I'd like to connect .Net DEA with my local IronFoundry VCAP which I installed by forking codes from github.

But there're some error.

1. I tried to use Windows Server 2008 RC2, it connected with NATS well but returns "unsupported runtime CLR04".
2. I tried to use Windows Server Core 2008, but my that VM cannot send request to NATS:4222, it seems web problem.

Am I on the right way?

在 2012年9月17日星期一UTC+8上午9时58分57秒,adronhall写道:

luke

Sep 17, 2012, 1:41:32 PM9/17/12
to ironf...@googlegroups.com
Hi Harry,

You're just about there. The latest vmc-IronFoundry and cloud foundry code from github will push an ASP.NET app using the "clr04" runtime, which the current .NET DEA doesn't recognize. This will be remedied when standalone app support is added to the DEA.

What you can do until then is to specify the runtime when pushing your ASP.NET app:

C:\>vmc push myapp -path C:\path\to\app --runtime aspdotnet40

In the future the "aspdotnet40" runtime will be replaced with "clr40" and deprecated.

Let us know how it works.
Luke

张磊

Sep 20, 2012, 10:50:51 AM9/20/12
to ironf...@googlegroups.com
I have noticed what you said above. And I changed it in aspdonet.yml and use aspdonet04 as default.
Now my IronFoundry VCAP and .Net DEA works well.
By the way, I tried it on Server Core and Server 2008, both of them works.

So when will the .Net DEA update to support CLR04? Can you give me a brief introduction of the mechanism of .Net DEA , as I'm not familiar with .Net framework.

P.S. I have explored CF for months and have enough knowledge of the DEA code in CF.

Adron Hall

Sep 20, 2012, 11:39:18 AM9/20/12
to ironf...@googlegroups.com
We'll have to work on a blog entry explaining the details of the Iron Foundry DEA. We will put something together and publish the blog entry on the Iron Foundry Blog. Great suggestion and questions!

Thanks Harry,

Adron B Hall
Iron Foundry Projecthttp://www.ironfoundry.org