fault tolerance / Fail over management

Rana Faisal Munir

Mar 18, 2013, 3:12:24 AM3/18/13
to ironf...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

According to cloudfoundry forum, they provide application fail over support. If application deployed on one host shutdown, cloud controller transfer it to another available DEA.

For testing, I setup

One Cloud Controller
Two Window DEA (.Net supported)

Both working fine. I deployed application with two instance. One instance is uploaded to one DEA and second on another DEA. I shutdown one DEA to check , how ironfoundry manage fail over. But it did not transfer the instance to another DEA host. Please explain, is there any configuration that I missed.

Thanks

Luke Bakken

Mar 25, 2013, 11:14:38 PM3/25/13
to ironf...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rana,

The application should have transferred to the other DEA host. You can run the DEA from the command line by running the "IronFoundry.Dea.Service.exe" executable in "C:\Program Files\Iron Foundry\DEA". That way you can retrieve logs.