IF DEA/Warden frequently not replying to stats request within timeout

Aaron Huber

Dec 19, 2014, 2:46:15 PM12/19/14
to ironf...@googlegroups.com
When running "cf app [appname]" against a .NET app running on an IF DEA, we frequently see the cloud controller API time out before receiving a response, which results in the CC reporting the instance as "down" or with no stats (depending on which request timed out).  This doesn't seem to be impacting the health manager so "cf apps" returns the correct number of running instances and there is no actual impact to the environment other than incorrect data being returned to the user.  The behavior is fairly easy to reproduce in a couple of our environments and it's very random - sometimes all the DEAs will respond right away and other times there is a long delay.  If we modify the cloud controller API code to allow 30 seconds for the responses to come in (see https://github.com/cloudfoundry/cloud_controller_ng/issues/320) then we can get the data consistently.

Is this something that others are seeing with the IF DEAs?  It could be something specific to our configuration/environment.

Aaron Huber
Intel Corporation

Chris Sterling

Dec 23, 2014, 12:32:12 PM12/23/14
to ironf...@googlegroups.com
We see this from time to time, as well, Aaron. We are working on updates that might affect this positively but we don't know yet if that is the case. Do you have any suggestions or further research that could be helpful in making this more consistent?