fresh install of 3.1 gives strange error with an old rules file

Gregory Jansen

Jul 2, 2012, 9:33:11 AM7/2/12
to irod...@googlegroups.com
Hey folks,
I've just gone through a new install of irods 3.1. I replaced the default core.re with my own. Now I'm getting an error:

ERROR: executeRuleAction Failed for msiSysReplDataObj status = -1102000 NO_MICROSERVICE_FOUND_ERR

Was there something added to core.re that I'm missing?

Here is the excerpt from my core.re file:

acPostProcForPut {
    on ($userNameClient == "fedora") {
        msiSysChksumDataObj();
            msiSysReplDataObj("cdrGroup", "all");
    }
    on ($userNameClient == "rods") {
        msiSysChksumDataObj();
                msiSysReplDataObj("cdrGroup", "all");
    }
    on ($userNameClient != "fedora" && $userNameClient != "rods") {
        msiSysChksumDataObj();
    }
}

any help would be great, thanks.

Greg Jansen
Carolina Digital Repository

Wayne Schroeder

Jul 2, 2012, 11:53:29 AM7/2/12
to irod...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I don't see why you're getting this particular error.  It looks like msiSysReplDataObj is still defined in the source and hasn't been changed.

But using an old core.re file like that could cause problems if we've added or modified some rules for the release.  In this case, there's now an 'acPostProcForRepl' rule that is called, so it needs to be defined.  So you might start with the released core.re and add in your local modifications or maybe see what's changed in the released version and integrate those into yours.

 - Wayne -

--
"iRODS: the Integrated Rule-Oriented Data-management System; A community driven, open source, data grid software solution" https://www.irods.org

iROD-Chat: http://groups.google.com/group/iROD-Chat

Gregory Jansen

Jul 30, 2012, 2:22:16 PM7/30/12
to irod...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Wayne,
That did it. I ported our changes into the core.re from the 3.1 distribution.
Greg