jargon transfer big file problem

hexing

Sep 21, 2009, 2:10:13 AM9/21/09
to iROD-Chat
Hello:

I used jargon2.0.5 to transfer big file(10 MB), like this:

IRODSFile file = new IRODSFile(f, fileIrodsPath + name);
file.copyFrom(gf, true);

then, jargon report error:
Exception in thread "main" java.net.ConnectException: Connection
refused: connect
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:
195)
at edu.sdsc.grid.io.irods.IRODSCommands$TransferThread.<init>(Unknown
Source)
at edu.sdsc.grid.io.irods.IRODSCommands.put(Unknown Source)
at edu.sdsc.grid.io.irods.IRODSFile.copyFrom(Unknown Source)

But if the file is smaller, the problem will not exist.

Need your help!
Thank you!

mw...@diceresearch.org

Sep 21, 2009, 2:05:53 PM9/21/09
to irod...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Our Jargon person has moved away and we are in the process of hiring a replacement.
There seems to be a connection/firewall issue here. Can you use the C program iput
to upload the same file ?

iRods uses a different mode to transfer (parallel I/O) if the file size is larger than 32 Mb
and requires more ports to be opened in the firewall.  Please check this link for ports
configuration:

https://www.irods.org/index.php/Specifying_Ports

Mike