Please upgrade ClamAV packages immediately if you're running ClamAV-0.97.x

Zhang Huangbin

Oct 24, 2016, 9:30:03 PM10/24/16
to ired...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

ClamAV team announced in May 2016 that ClamAV 0.97 was end of life, "EOL for ClamAV essentially means that we (ClamAV team) will no longer be testing against that version when we write signatures, and we may break something with a future release. So, while signatures may work past June 1st, we are no longer testing that configuration, so you are on your own."

We received few reports these 2 days that ClamAV-0.97.x cannot start and raise error message like below:

------------------
LibClamAV Error: mpool_malloc(): Attempt to allocate 8388608 bytes. Please report to http://bugs.clamav.net
—————————

The latest ClamAV is 0.99.2, if your server is still running an old ClamAV, please upgrade it immediately, then restart clamav services.

*) For RHEL/CentOS, the latest clamav is available from EPEL repo:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL#How_can_I_use_these_extra_packages.3F

*) For Debian/Ubuntu, run ‘apt-get update && apt-get upgrade’ to update old packages.

*) For FreeBSD, please update your ports tree and upgrade port “security/clamav”.

*) For OpenBSD, you can upgrade with ports tree, or use M:Tier’s OpenBSD packages:
https://stable.mtier.org

----
Zhang Huangbin, founder of iRedMail project: http://www.iredmail.org/
Time zone: GMT+8 (China/Beijing).