CRITICAL SECURITY FIX of iRedAdmin on FreeBSD and OpenBSD

Zhang Huangbin

Oct 10, 2016, 12:51:36 AM10/10/16
to ired...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

We released a new iRedAdmin (both open source edition and iRedAdmin-Pro) release to address a critical security issue on FreeBSD and OpenBSD system, please upgrade it immediately.

Note: iRedMail-0.9.5-1 was repacked with new iRedAdmin release (0.6.2) which contains this fix today.

#########
# The Issue
#

iRedAdmin calls an incorrect function to verify BCRYPT password hash while admin trying to login, if the admin account exists, iRedAdmin accepts any string and the admin logs in.

############################
# Affected Linux/BSD distributions
#

BCRYPT is available on FreeBSD and OpenBSD, but not Linux, so this issue impacts only FreeBSD and OpenBSD systems.

#########################
# Affected iRedAdmin versions
#

This bug was introduced in iRedAdmin (both open source edition and iRedAdmin-Pro) on May 3, 2016, versions released after May 3 contain this bug:

* iRedAdmin-0.6.1 (shipped by iRedMail-0.9.5-1)
* iRedAdmin-Pro-SQL-2.4.0
* iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP-2.6.0

# How to fix it
#

* For iRedAdmin open source edition, please download the latest iRedAdmin-0.6.2 (http://www.iredmail.org/yum/misc/iRedAdmin-0.6.2.tar.bz2 ) and follow our tutorial to upgrade it: http://www.iredmail.org/docs/migrate.or.upgrade.iredadmin.html

* For iRedAdmin-Pro, please login to iRedAdmin-Pro as global admin, click the "License" button on top-right corner, click "Send me an email with download link" button to get the latest iRedAdmin-Pro release, then follow our tutorial to upgrade it: http://www.iredmail.org/docs/migrate.or.upgrade.iredadmin.html

----
Zhang Huangbin, founder of iRedMail project: http://www.iredmail.org/
Time zone: GMT+8 (China/Beijing).